We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

helicopter fare & its availability from gouhati to shillong.

Which Shillong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kolkata
1 post
Save Topic
helicopter fare & its availability from gouhati to shillong.

Anyone can help me out to intimate me the fare of helicopter & its availibility from gouhati ti shillong?

We are planning to visit shillong & cherapunjii for 7 days. can you suggest me a deluxe cottage located in a panoromic place?

thanx...

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Darjeeling, Sikkim, Meghalaya
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: helicopter fare & its availability from gouhati to shillong.

Hi Sinchan,

Iam not sure if this reply is too late for you and whether you have already completed the trip. However, just in case you haven't, then here are a few useful points to remember :-

Firstly , the helicopter ride from Guwahati to Shillong takes approx 30 mins and the fare approx 2 yrs ago was Rs. 700/- . So maybe the same has escalted to approx 900/- by now. However, the helicopter lands in upper Shillong, which means that you have to rent a car and travel down to Shillong.....which means an additional Rs 300/- plus another 45 mins. moreover the helicopter ride is not a smooth one and there always exists an element of risk in it --specially during the monsoon season. therefore I would strongly advise you to refrain using the same because you can reach Shillong from Guwahati by car in approx 3 hrs, and the road conditions are excellent.

The best place to stay when in Shillong is the Hotel Pinewood Ashok -- which is a heritage property, and has its distinctive charm and advantage over other more popular hotels such as Hotel Polo Towers etc.

Iam note very sure about the hotels in Cherrapunjee, because the usual norm is to visit the place from Shillong on a day trip and touch base at Shillong in the evenings.

Another wonderful serene place where you can comfortably spend a night is the Umiam Lake ( popularly known as Barapani ) about 17 kms from Shillong. Try checking up the Meghalaya Tourism website for more details.

2. Re: helicopter fare & its availability from gouhati to shillong.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 08:17