We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alto / Indica from Guwahati airport to Shillong

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Alto / Indica from Guwahati airport to Shillong

I'll be traveling to Shillong from Kolkata in August 2010. Can anyone give me any idea about the prevailing rates for a one-way trip to Shillong from Guwahati airport in a small car (Alto / Indica etc)?

And can anyone provide me with a reliable contact details for any cab provider at Guwahati for the same?

India
Level Contributor
39,490 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: Alto / Indica from Guwahati airport to Shillong

Plz contact Mr Pradeep Modok (9863087418), he will solve your problem. He has a Maruti 800 taxi, but he is dedicated in tourism, especially in Meghalaya. He is honest. I took his service in may this year.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Alto / Indica from Guwahati airport to Shillong

Thanks a lot. I'll get in touch with him, and keep you guys posted! :)

Any recommendations for hotels there? How good is "Mi Casa" or "Ashutosh Inn"? Are they both near to "Police Bazar"? Which among them will be a better choice?

Sorry for bombarding you all with so many questions! :P

Thanks in advance!

~Suman.

India
Level Contributor
39,490 posts
56 reviews
3. Re: Alto / Indica from Guwahati airport to Shillong

You can try Polo Towers, its near the polo ground. Or Pinewood Hotel, MTDC property, location is beautiful. Police Bazar area is really bazar. Full of traffic and hustle bustle. Try to select a hotel a little apart from that area. You did not mention your budget, if it is 3000 - 4000 INR, you may think of either of the 2 hotels as mentioned. Rosa Ville is also a good prerty run by Welcome Group its within 3000-4000.

Make sure whether pradip is available in your dates. That is more important. he may ask you for hotel booking. Discourage him regarding the matter. he is not so efficient for hotel booking. But, as a driver/guide, he is A1.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Alto / Indica from Guwahati airport to Shillong

Spoke to him just now... he told me that he'll be sending his brother's WagonR / Swift. He quoted Rs.1400/- for a non-a/c vehicle(I've haggled a bit on the rate - he told that he'll let me know by a day or two). Is the rate ok?

I need accommodation in a hustle-bustle area only :-) ... so no problems with Police Bazar it seems. I got a quotation of Rs.6750/- (for 5 nights - includes breakfast) at both Mi-Casa & Ashutosh Inn. Can you give me an opinion about these rates too?

Thanks in advance!

~Suman.

India
Level Contributor
39,490 posts
56 reviews
5. Re: Alto / Indica from Guwahati airport to Shillong

The rates of the hotels seems reasonable. Both the hotels are in Trip Advisor list. You may search the reviews there.

As far as the airport pick-up is concerned, Rs1400 is ok.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Alto / Indica from Guwahati airport to Shillong

Finally fixed up a rate of Rs.1300/- for a WagonR / Swift DZire grom Guwahati Airport to Shillong.

Booked my room at "Ashutosh Inn" - a total of Rs.6750/- for 5 nights which includes daily breakfast, evening snacks and a few other complimentary items.

Btw, any idea how much should a hired car charge for general purpose use within Shillong city limits (for a few odd trips here n there)? Mr.Pradeep was asking whether I'll be needing one, so thought of just knowing about the rates beforehand.

7. Re: Alto / Indica from Guwahati airport to Shillong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2011, 05:17