We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family trip to Shillong

Mumbai
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Family trip to Shillong

Myself, wife and two very young kids (3 & 1) are planning to go to Shillong end of may.

Can you please tell me which would be a good family hotel with space for kids to play?

What should be an ideal itinerary which includes local sight seeing, but not too much traveling? We would be there for 5 days and flying in from Mumbai.

thanks

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,390 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family trip to Shillong

You may try Early Holiday Home, Hotel Orchid.

Suggestive itinerary :

Day1 Shillong local s/s

Day2 Cherrapunjee day tour

Day3 Mawlynnong day tour

Day4 Day at leisure

Day5 Shillong s/s and shopping

AshisRoy

Edited: 04 April 2012, 12:38
Bengaluru, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Family trip to Shillong

Hi Ashish

Saw your interest in helping others.

I want to go with my family for a break for 7 days to North East in July.

Whcih places do you suggest ?

I am keen only in NATURE , lakes, mountains , hills and stay in a forest if possible. Kindly advice places to visit and stay and costs if available.

Regards

Stan lobo

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,390 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family trip to Shillong

211adventure

July is not the right time for North- East. Monsoon will be at full swing in July. Out door activities might get affected by rain. Make it in September-October, you'll get to see lively waterfalls around Shillong.

AshisRoy

Edited: 10 April 2012, 11:32
Shillong, India
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family trip to Shillong

@ grmupy

What would your budget range for a hotel be like?

My suggestive Itenary.

Day 1 - Proceed from Guwahati straight to CHerrapunjee. Halt

Day 2 - Local Sightseeing in and around Cherrapunjee

Day 3 - Check out- Mawlynnong Day tour- Transfer to Shillong

Day 4 - Lesiurely Day trip to Mawphlang Sacred Grove & Jakrem Hot Spring

Day 5 - Shillong Local Sight seeing & some shopping

This itenary will only hold provided you book your accomodations in Cherrapunjee well in advance.

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family trip to Shillong

@ Grmupy...

For stay in Cherrapunjee, you can try Cherra Holiday Resorts. They provide pick up from Guwahati Airport and are the best people to guide you on Cherrapunjee. They have trained the locals as guides for treks. And can also provide transport for local sightseeing in Cherrapunjee.

If you do not happen to get a booking in Cherra Holiday Resorts, then you can try the Polo Orchid. They have just opened and are located in a very beautiful view point.

For stay in Shillong, well there are too many hotels and so I would like to know your budget to be able to advice you on one.

Regards,

Karikor Kharkongor

Ghy
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Family trip to Shillong

Try dis places during monsoon,,,shillong/mawlynnong/cherrapunji/mawsynram/jowai-in meghalaya

namdapha/roing-anini/bomdilla-tawang/ziro-yingkiong

if u want to njoy d greenery,wilderness nd dark forest i recomand namdapha,roing-anini d best...also mawlynnong in meghalaya...no risk of landslide in meghalaya bt in arunachal its a concern

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family trip to Shillong

@grmupy,

I hope you had a great time.

8. Re: Family trip to Shillong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 05:17