We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North East holidays in July

Which Shillong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
North East holidays in July

Hi

I want to see North east with my family. My interest is hills, lakes, forest , and greenery and natural views. Want to spend time staying at a forest guest house with wooden houses.

Kindly advice the best places, locations and stay

I intend travelling in July when I have my leave. No option.

Kindly advice.

Stan Lobo

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,578 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North East holidays in July

North East is not recommended in July. If you are still keen to go, try the follwing itinerary :

Day 1 Bagdogra/NJP – Pelling

Day 2 Pemayangtshe – Yuksom

Day 3 Yuksom – Tashiding – Gangtok.

Day 4 Gangtok – Tsomgo Lake, Nathula

Day 5 Gangtok – Sight seeing

Day 6 To NJP/Bagdogra

AshisRoy

Edited: 10 April 2012, 12:31
Bengaluru, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: North East holidays in July

Hi Ashish

Am I missing out on Shillong ? What abour Chirapunji and other good locations ? Where can i stay in a forest ? Or Whcih is a naturla location?

Stan

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,578 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North East holidays in July

Stan,

I have given you the suggestive itinerary for Shillong in other thread. This was an alternative itinerary of North-East. Nathula is in Sikkim.

Edited: 10 April 2012, 16:25
Shillong, India
Level Contributor
705 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North East holidays in July

Hi Stan,

Kindly tell me how many days are you planning it for? And apart from sight seeing are you interested in other activities like trekking etc.? How many of you are coming and what are their age groups like?

Regards,

Karikor

Dibrugarh, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: North East holidays in July

Visiting North East in the monsoons is an all together another experience. The rains are beautiful, and the whole landscape become lush green. If you plan to stay in a wooden house near a forest and do nothing else but relax, then it is a great idea. Also, there will be days when you can go out and the sun is bright.

How many days you plan on visiting?

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
705 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North East holidays in July

@ Stan...

I think I have options for what your kind of interests . but i will need details so that I can help you with a comprehensive plan for places of interests in Meghalaya.

Regards,

Karikor Kharkongor

Ghy
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: North East holidays in July

If u want to njoy rains nd gorgious waterfalls,den its better to visit in cherrapunji,,,visit mawlynnong nd fulfill ur thirst f staying in wooden house watching raining outside,,,U can also visit dibang valley,arunachal fo d rainy treatment...visit anini treak upto acheso...its a gr8

xperience of treaking in unxplored paradise

8. Re: North East holidays in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 11:16