We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to meghalaya

Which Shillong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chennai
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to meghalaya

Can you provide a good itinerary for 7 to 8 days to meghalaya between 23 Dec and 1st jan. kindly provide us the schedule covering nature rich places with good stay (Preferrably not in the typical hotels) such as home stay, farm stay and safe forest/ Mountain stay. please recommend.

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
705 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to meghalaya

I can definitely help you with this. Are you keeping all the 8 days for Meghalaya itself? How many of you are visiting and what is your daily budget on accomodation?

chennai
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to meghalaya

yes we have complete 8 days with us and we are not rigid on places. places around meghalaya can be thought of if its worth it. As far as stay is concerned we are definitely looking at good accommodations with proper ammenities and out of commercial area. we would be about 8 adults and 8 eight children all below 12 years. please advise.

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
705 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to meghalaya

Hello,

I would suggest 2 days in shillong, 2 days in Mawphlang & surrounding areas, 2 days in Sohra, 1 day in Mawlynnong, 1 day in Thadlaskein/Jowai.

As for accomodation, apart from Shillong, you will have to make do with whatever accomodation is available in the other places. But one thing that is certain is that these other places will be in tune with the surrounding nature.

Regards,

Karikor Kharkongor

chennai
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to meghalaya

could you recommend anyone who can arrange our stay and conveyance and sight seeing.

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
705 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to meghalaya

Well I don't think I can help you with that. However I can give advice on some places that you can stay. However before that, your itinerary needs to finalized first. Places to see, I can always advice on that.

As for conveyance, you can finalize that at a later part.

chennai
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to meghalaya

sure, will get back. thanks a lot

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
705 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to meghalaya

Waiting for more queries from you.

Kolkata, India
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to meghalaya

Hii...i am goin to meghalaya on 14th of october and returning by 20 th of october...so have got 5 days in hand to explore meghalaya...can you please suggest me an iternery.i am interested in hiking.so if the iternery is based on that..it will be great..hoping to hear from u asap..

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
705 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to meghalaya

Here is a suggestive itinerary:

14- reach Guwahati. Proceed to Mawphlang Sacred Forest. Halt at Mawphlang.

15- David Scot Trail from Mawphlang to Lad Mawphlang. Proceed to Sohra. Halt at Sohra.

16- Sohra local sightseeing. Halt

17- double decker living roots bridge trek till noh kalikai fall trek (12-15 hrs). Halt

18- morning proceed to mawlynnong. Afternoon transfer back to Shillong. Halt at Shillong

19- Shillong local sightseeing. Halt

20- morning complete remaining sightseeing. Take 12.30 pm chopper to Guwahati to catch afternoon/ evening flight.

I will get to more details once you approve of the tour plan.

Shillong, India
Level Contributor
705 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip to meghalaya

In fact you can skip mawlynnong and do one day caving at Mawmluh cave which is a 7km long cave. However I believe only 4 km is passable.