We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

not into wild partying - should we try to move?

Which Hersonissos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wine Country...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
not into wild partying - should we try to move?

We are staying in Koutouloufari for 1 week in June, traveling with our 7 & 9 year old kids. I saw a lot of info about the nightlife and a post about dancing in foam and crazy mini-bikes everywhere - should we worry, or try to move to another area? We are not stuffy, but don't want to be dodging drunk people all day long. Thanks!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: not into wild partying - should we try to move?

if you like the wine country lifestyle, i'm not sure hersonissos will be a good fit.

we are from santa cruz. we visited crete for the first time when our kids were that age. we took a road trip around the island and drove right past hersonissos. waaaaaay too busy for our tastes.

we ended up in the west (of course!). we go back to falasarna every year. that might be too quiet for you, but chania area is perfect.

i remember liking sitia, too.

you can always rent a car, bring a good guidebook and explore. there will be plenty of rooms available in june.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: not into wild partying - should we try to move?

I think it will be fine as you are away from the club area it is supposed to be a lovely village, looking forward to visiting myself as we will not be too far away and a friend is taking us out, not sure where you are staying but check out some of these views!!

stunning!

tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotos-g678908-Kou…

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: not into wild partying - should we try to move?

Hi Babyche

You will be fine in Koutoulafari, its a small village about 1.5km uphill from Hersonnissos (where all the mad partying happens!). There are a few bars and restaurants in Koutoulafari and Piskpiono (the village next to it) but they are laid back with mainly couples and some families - the younger crowd dont drink in the villages.

You can get some younger crowd staying in the villages but they head down to Hersonnissos and they do tend to move about on the quad bikes but I've never found them a problem.

Dont have any worries - have a great holiday.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: not into wild partying - should we try to move?

Hi there

Koutouloufari is peaceful enough and even if you venture down into Hersonissos, it's easy to avoid the main party scene area, most of which happens along the main drag. Head for the old harbour end of the town (west end) where it's a lot more peaceful but avoid the restaurants there as most of them are awful.

5. Re: not into wild partying - should we try to move?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2009, 06:34
Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos
Recent Conversations