We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Analipsi Village & excursions please...

Falmouth, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Analipsi Village & excursions please...

Sorry to butt into the Hersonissos Traveller Forum but there does'nt seem much activity for Analipsi!!

I'm going to be staying at the Stavros Studios in September and wondered if anyone had any info or even better, some photos? Any thoughts/comments gratefully received.

Also, I wanted to do a few excursions, especially the Samira Gorge walk. Where could I book trips? Are there any travel agencies in the village or do I need to come into Hersonissos?

Thanks for any help.

sligo
Level Contributor
668 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Analipsi Village & excursions please...

Hi Lady,

Not familiar with the resort but did have its site in bookmarks and I notice they have a good photograph gallery.

http://guide.analipsis.com/

If you do not get a definite answer regarding booking the trips from the village you might either contact them via their website for the information or contact GBfromDevizes by PM as he is very familiar with that neck of the woods.

Bobo

Edited: 05 July 2010, 17:27
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Analipsi Village & excursions please...

Hi there

The Samaria Gorge will be an extremely long day trip from Analipsi - it would entail a 5am start at the very latest, then a coach ride of 3.5 hours plus to the head of the gorge, then a 6-7 hour hike, water taxi from Agia Roumeli to Hora Sfakion, then coach back to Analipsi. If you decide to do this, don't bank on doing much the next day! I have to say that I'm not certain if there are any excursion agencies in Analipsi - it was a pretty backwater until a huge new hotel complex opened there a couple of years ago.

There are definately agencies in the next village east at Anissaras - you can walk it along the coast path in 40 minutes or take a taxi for a few euros

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Analipsi Village & excursions please...

Stavros Studios ( they have Stavros Villas on their main building).

The accomdation is basic but clean. Bedding changed every three days which is too long given that there is no air conditioning. Fans are available for 20 euros and you must use theirs.

The pool is good but the road is near and they are under a flight path. Flights are only in the moring and evening and I tuned them out.

Get your essential supplies, i.e. water, beer, breakfast food, etc. from the main supermarket ( a 15 minute walk ).

You don't really need to hire car as the bus service is inexpensive, if somewhat unpredictable. The bus stops are less than 10 minutes walk away and are supposed to be every 15 minutes. You can get to Iraklion and go on from there; westwards Hirsonnisus is only 10 minutes away. Malia, Ag Nik, etc.

Sissi is worth visit and so is Rythmnon, both of which have retained some of their beauty and character. Hironissus and Malia look like scenes from the film, "Bladerunner" without the rain.

Hope this helps,

Frank

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Analipsi Village & excursions please...

Unable to edit the previous post for errors, etc. for Stavros Studios.

Beware that if you are on night-flights you will will lose your rooms at midday and only be able to keep them on for 4 euros an hour. This has irritated several visitors. The rep is useless and shows no concern. My partner felt angered by his lack of sympathy.

Get yourself a mosquito plug as you will need to leave a window open.

It's a good base for relaxing by the pool. The Internet can be had for 2 euros an hour from the first Internet Cafe as you walk into town.

Have a nice time in Annalipsi

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Analipsi Village & excursions please...

Hi there

This is standard practise just about anywhere in Greece I'm afraid. It's not the accommodation owners who regulate flight times and they usually insist that rooms are vacated by midday at the latest for cleaning and so on. Four Euros per hour is the going rate and there's also nothing the reps can do about it.

6. Re: Analipsi Village & excursions please...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos