We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked to stay at Nana Beach in October

Which Hersonissos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ipswich
Level Contributor
31 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked to stay at Nana Beach in October

My husband and I have just booked to stay at Nana Beach, based on the reviews on Trip Advisor, really looking forward to it.

Can anyone give us tips, advice as to where to go, what to do in and around Crete, this is our first visit Crete so open to any suggestions?

Any other helpful info regarding the hotel would also be appreciated

Thank you

swindon,england
Level Contributor
2,948 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked to stay at Nana Beach in October

Hi,

A big question,with too many answers to list really.

Would suggest you get hold of a good travel book on Crete and see what takes your eye.

As your staying in Hersonissos your well located to get out and about fairly easily,either by hire car,public buses or by foot.

A few trips we have taken while in Hersonissos are as follows:Agios Nikolaos,Spinnalonga[the old leper colony island],Stalis,Malia,Sissi,Iraklion,jeep safari to the south coast[excellent day out],also you have the three villages up above Hersonissos of Piskopiano,old Hersonissos and Koutoulafouri which are a great area to spend several days or evenings exploring.

I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked to stay at Nana Beach in October

Hi woolfie

Nana Beach is actually located along the road between Stalis and Hersonissos and is, to be more precise, on the outskirts of the former. It is around a 10 min or so walk to the start of the beach road in Stalis and probably a 20 min or so walk into Hersonissos.

There is a bus stop right outside the hotel and the bus service is regular and reliable. Buses are a great and cost effective way of getting around and the bus route goes west to Heraklion and east to Agios Nikolaos and all points inbetween along the north east coast of Crete.

As well as the very good suggestions by 'scaffolder' above, I would highly recommend hiring a car/jeep and taking a trip up to Lassithi Plateau which is up in the mountains behind Hersonissos & Stalis. The plateau is a wonderful place high up in the mountains which has several old traditional greek villages dotted along the circumference road which encircles it. Access the plateau via the mountain villages of Mohos and Krassi.

Hope this helps and have a good holiday.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked to stay at Nana Beach in October

npj, do you know the bus stop number for nana beach please?

We will (hopefully) be going to the diving centre based there in a few weeks (mind you, if they don't reply to my e-mails we won't!)

swindon,england
Level Contributor
2,948 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked to stay at Nana Beach in October

I stand corrected by npj,sorry did not realise the location of nana beach,but as stated,a trip up into the mountains is well worthwhile,and if you don't intend to hire any transport the jeep safari i mentioned does take you across the Lassithi plateau stopping off in a couple of villages en-route.

We booked a number of excursions we've been on while staying in Stalis from the excursion shop on the main Stalis-Malia road near the Neon Beach hotel,i'm sure there will be excursion shops nearer your hotel which will give you all the information you need for any days out that take your eye.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked to stay at Nana Beach in October

I reckon it is bus stop no 25 Steve, which is the one before the road runs downhill and passes by Stalis. And I reckon it is the first bus stop after Star Beach as I can't recall any stops in between.

I seem to remember that the conductor sometimes calls out "Nana Beach" to announce the next stop.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked to stay at Nana Beach in October

thanks npj, much appreciated.

If only the dive centre responded so quickly (if at all..lol)

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked to stay at Nana Beach in October

As you say scaffolder, there are a number of excursion outlets along the beach road in Stalis. The Neon Beach Hotel is at the far end of Stalis from Nana Beach and there are, indeed, several shops selling trips much closer.

A 15 min walk down into Stalis from Nana Beach will bring you to a couple of outlets selling a wide choice of excursions. Also, Kourites vehicle hire on the right hand side one min past Blue Sea Resort and opposite the Edem Bar.

Kourites is who we always use and I recommend for vehicle hire in Stalis. Here is their website for any one interested www.kourites.gr/

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked to stay at Nana Beach in October

Good luck with making contact with the diving centre Steve - always frustrating when they don't respond to your queries.

Sounds like you will be in Crete before I am. I'm going for 2 weeks arriving 1st Sept and am counting down the weeks!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just booked to stay at Nana Beach in October

Yes, I'm there at the beginning of August. Bring it on!! I've had the heating on today - 14 degrees!!

10. Re: Just booked to stay at Nana Beach in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2013, 05:45
Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos