We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

naan beach hotel -crete

Which Hersonissos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
naan beach hotel -crete

looking at booking the naan beach hotel does anybody know what the drink package is ie: what time bar open to and is there any shops and restaurants and bars new hotel.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: naan beach hotel -crete

I think you probably mean the Nana Beach Hotel.

I can't tell you about the facilities and what is on offer in the hotel itself as I don't do hotels because I always stay in self catering apartments. That said, Nana Beach does have one of the better reputations of AI hotels in and around the Stalis/Hersonissos area.

It is actually located inbetween Stalis and Hersonissos and, in fact, closer to the former. It would be around a 15 min walk down into the start of the main beach & beach road and 20 mins from the resort centre, whilst it is around 25 mins or so walk in the other direction into Hersonissos. It is situated along the main road and has a bus stop just outside.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 25 February 2013, 22:26
Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: naan beach hotel -crete

thank for your reply . we found it very hopeful

My husband and i used to do self catering all the time but have found it expensive now. many thanks

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: naan beach hotel -crete

Glad you found the info helpful.

That's a shame as Stalis has such a great choice of very good restaurants & tavernas, as do the 3 hillside villages which overlook Hersonissos. And when you actually work it out you may be surprised that it often works out comparable with going AI re cost.

Also, you have the added bonus of what helps make a holiday in Greece, the pleasure of choosing a nice taverna every evening in which to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy a lovely meal. Be careful if you go AI as they are often not as "AI" as they appear with lots of extras to pay for (borne out by many a post on this forum from people who have returned from an AI holiday), together with similar bland food every day and low quality non-branded drinks incl in your AI package.

Have fun planning your holiday and have a good time whatever you choose.

Edited: 26 February 2013, 21:02
Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: naan beach hotel -crete

thanks am sure we will have a great time.

when we do AI we always eat out three or four times,we find we can do a bit of both that why i was wondering if there where any tavernas near.

thanks for your reply

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: naan beach hotel -crete

Stalis has a great choice of good tavernas, but the best one within a reasonable walking distance from Nana beach is Hellas Taverna. Walk along the main road towards Stalis and it is near the top of a side street off left from the main road. It would be about a 15 min walk. Another is Marias Golden Beach which is one min beyond Hellas as you come out onto the beach road.

Many other to choose from, so just take a walk along the beach road and see what takes your fancy. Two to recommend, but they are at the other end of Stalis so a bit further to walk, are Katerina and Kostas Tavern. The former is up a side street off the beach road opposite the big Anthoussa Hotel and the latter is further along the beach road on the right and in front of the Aggelo Hotel. Both a bit of a trek from Nana Beach, being as they are at the other side of Stalis, but well worth the effort (you could, of course, always get a taxi if you didn't fancy the walk - particularly on the way back).

An alternative would be to take a very short taxi ride up to the hillside villages of Koutouloufari, Piskopiano & Old Hersonissos where there is a myriad of great restaurants & tavernas. The nearest is Koutouloufari which is only about a 5 min taxi ride, in which there is a lovely restaurant called Galini. It is a little more expensive than some other restaurants but is worth it for a special meal. We always push the boat out once on our holiday and go there as it is a wonderful eating experience and atmosphere.

I hope this gives you a few ideas to start with for your evenings eating out.

slough
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: naan beach hotel -crete

We are booked to go to the nana beach and I can't wait, the pictures I have seen it looks lovely and the reviews have been very good. Have you looked on their website? It gave a lot of information about the bars and restaurants and I am sure it had opening hours too. We normally go self catering in Greece but with a little one we thought we would try all in this year to see how it compares.

Outer Hebrides...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: naan beach hotel -crete

Stayed at Nana Beach last year and planning on going back later this year. Drinks package was the best I have ever had with an AI. There are fridges filled with bottles of wine, Red, White and Rose in the main restaurants which you help yourself to. Also there are numerous bars doted around the complex with those at the beach and most pools open 10am until 6pm. Then the bar by the main hotel opens until I think midnight or 1am as is the disco bar. One thing I really liked was the quality of the drink. There was no watered down stuff here and if you ask for whiskey you get whiskey, none of this same drink used for whatever is asked for. They even did a version of Kalua or Baileys. Most unusual.

There are plenty of tavernas and bars all within walking distance of the hotel but honestly you will not need to go out.

Outer Hebrides...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: naan beach hotel -crete

Stayed at Nana Beach last year and planning on going back later this year. Drinks package was the best I have ever had with an AI. There are fridges filled with bottles of wine, Red, White and Rose in the main restaurants which you help yourself to. Also there are numerous bars doted around the complex with those at the beach and most pools open 10am until 6pm. Then the bar by the main hotel opens until I think midnight or 1am as is the disco bar. One thing I rally liked was the quality of the drink. There was no watered down stuff here and if you ask for whiskey you get whiskey, none of this same drink used for whatever is asked for. They even did a version of Kalua or Baileys. Most unusual.

There are plenty of tavernas and bars all within walking distance of the hotel but honestly you will not need to go out.

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: naan beach hotel -crete

Well,that will do the local economy the world of good then.

If we all go A/I in Greece then we put the final nail in then.

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: naan beach hotel -crete

Well,that will do the local economy the world of good then.

If we all go A/I in Greece then we put the final nail in then.

Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos