We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquito Room Spray?

Which Hersonissos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
Level Contributor
780 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquito Room Spray?

I am going to buy my room spray in Crete, can anyone recommend a good one and how much roughly are they? Thanks.

England
Level Contributor
898 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquito Room Spray?

Why not take some of those plug in things with the tablets? We used those last time we were in Greece, and, as they seemed to work very well, we're taking them with us again this year. They don't smell, unlike a room spray would.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
780 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquito Room Spray?

I've been told what you can buy in Greece is better, so thought I would try, it's only for the night, got sprays for outside etc....

Birmingham
Level Contributor
780 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquito Room Spray?

Didn't think of the smell, can I ask what you use and would it be cheaper to get them there?

England
Level Contributor
898 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquito Room Spray?

I don't know how much they are in Greece, but you can get them here (from Amazon or eBay) for about £4:00 for 2. (Just put in a search for 'mosquito plug in') We use the blue plugs with tablets - I think you get 10 for each plug (Euro plug). Maybe we were lucky, but we normally suffer terribly with mozzie bites and, despite there being millions around at the time, we used repellant on ourselves, coils outside and the plugs in the rooms - we had no bites ... We didn't notice any smell at all. And, with a spray, you also get those awful fumes which are really bad if you have asthma or anything - I know it chokes me, but then, so does spray deodorant!!

Hopefully somebody else will be able to advise you on the availability and price of the plug ins in Greece. Happy mozzie free nights!

Birmingham
Level Contributor
780 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquito Room Spray?

Thanks very much.

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquito Room Spray?

I got badly bitten in April and had an allergic reaction which ended up with me on antihistamines. Thereafter we used a plug-in for the room, and someone very kindly gave me some Avon skin so soft which acted as a very effective skin repellent.

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquito Room Spray?

I use plug-ins for the room - have them switched on at any time you are in the room between dusk and dawn. And apply repellent spray to your arms, legs & neck before you go out each evening.

Best to buy them over here before you go. I use Boots Repel range for both plug-ins and spray and find it very effective.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquito Room Spray?

Hi there

I use the plug in with the liquid rather than the tablets, the last one I brought was the "jungle Formula" brand purchased this in sainsburys I think when on special offer :-) seems to work very well :-)

9. Re: Mosquito Room Spray?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos
Recent Conversations