We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in October

Which Hersonissos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Prestatyn, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in October

Hi, just wondering what the weather will be like in October half term, usually go to Canaries, but fancy a change, is it warm enough to sunbathe, as we just like to chill out and relax by the pool, thanks

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,204 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in October

Hi there

If you want beach and pool time then I would suggest that you look at the Canaries again, although the weather can be wonderful and warm, and it has been the last couple of years, there is always a possibility that you will get some rain and cloudy days - at the end of the seasons its always a bit of a gamble with the weather

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in October

As Oct half term is at end of Oct I would go with Canaries to hit and miss in Crete at that time of year we tried it 2 years back and was very cold at night and we got quiet a bit of rain also a lot of places will be closing down You should try it sometime from May to Sept to get the best from it

Good luck

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,177 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in October

You could always try Cyprus if you prefer the Greek way,although not guarenteed with regards the weather theres a very decent chance you'll get your fair share of the sun.Apparently theres some good deals around as well i hear.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,727 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in October

The end of October is not a good time for a first visit to Crete. The weather could be wonderful, but it's very unlikely to be sunbathing weather all the time (the pool will be cold by then even if the sea isn't). If you're unlucky and it's cool and wet a lot of the time it would be very dispiriting to be sitting around in an almost-closed-down resort. It might put you off ever coming again, which would be a pity.

If a sunbathing holiday is what you want, I agree that you should stick with the Canaries. Come to Crete another time - as someone else has said, between May and September/

Edited: 18 August 2013, 09:55
5. Re: Weather in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos