We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information on Hersonissos

Chester, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
Information on Hersonissos

Hi all,

Me and the girlfriend (24 & 20) are thinking of going to Hersonissos for 2 weeks in the summer (June/July time) just wondering where the best locations are (hotel wise) what the best hotels are, what the nightlife is like, (we went to Sharm El Sheik this year and we enjoyed the bars and nightlife, however we aren't looking for the clubbing experience of Kavos). Basically is it worth a couple of our age range going to Hersonissos?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,920 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Information on Hersonissos

Nightlife is lively without the excesses which go with Kavos, Malia etc. Hersonissos attracts people form many different nationalities, probably more Dutch than anyone else, and there is a good atmosphere. There are a couple of clubs, but most of the nightlife centres around the restaurants and bars on the seafront towards the harbour, the pedestrianized shopping streets just inland from there, and the main road through the centre of the resort, lined with shops, tavernas, bars etc.

I always stay in apartments, so I can't really help with hotels etc. But you need to be aware that many of the big hotels are situated a good walk or short bus ride away from the centre of the resort, and some of them are up quite a steep hill inland.

Star Beach, on the eastern outskirts of Hersonissos, has all sorts of attractions including bungee jumps, water sports, go-karting, paintblling, open air disco and sometimes has some reasonably famous DJs.

Some photos here, taken in August this year:

http://tinyurl.com/qfrgfc9

The first 25 or so were all taken in Hersonissos. Open them individually to see a description on the bottom left.

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,343 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Information on Hersonissos

I would also endorse Steves description of Hersonissos,it caters to all ages and nationalities.There are several beaches that are nice enough for a day on the beach if you don't want to venture out and about and you also have the very good options of The Palm Beach resort and Star beach resort where there are several swimming pools and other facilities as well as Bungee jumping,go-karts and much more.

I'm sure Hersonissos would fit the bill for what your looking for,as regards to accomodation,there is plenty of variety from 2* budget friendly upto 5* luxury which really depends on your budget and whether you would prefer A/I or S/C.I would definately recommend S/C as the choice and variety of eating out in the area is excellent.

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Information on Hersonissos

Thanks Steve for sharing your great photos with us. Wish we were going back this year, but well just have to wait till next year.

Lovely photos, brought back lots of beautiful memories

Yvonne

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,920 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Information on Hersonissos

That's OK Yvonne, I'm glad you enjoyed them :)

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Information on Hersonissos

Hersonissos is an excellent choice. Good hotels i have stayed in golden beach and aquis silva beach and both where great and in a good location central with star beach (big pool outdoor club type water park with international djs on Monday and Thursday night and in the day fridays) and turn the other way down the main road and down onto beach road to the bars and clubs along the beach. great atmosphere for couples (i traveled with my girlfriend) no groups of 40 English chav lads or anything to worry about here. plus the music is top notch with it mainly catering to a dutch crowd (house music) im sure you would enjoy it.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Information on Hersonissos

Hi there

Hersonissos would seem to be a good location for you both but another smaller version of Hersonissos with a much better beach would be Stalis ... If you can't find accommodation to suit then look at Stalis :-)

7. Re: Information on Hersonissos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos