We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mozzie's?

Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
10 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Mozzie's?

Is there mozzie's about in August at Hersonissos, do we need spray and anti-histamine?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,801 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mozzie's?

There are always mozzies about, but I have to say that we stayed for a fortnight in Hersonissos in August last year and came back with only about 2 bites between the 3 of us, which is something of a record low! We always use plug-ins, and use skin-so-soft or another anti mozzie potion before we go out in the evening.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mozzie's?

Ive only been bit once i think certainly isn't a hot bed for them. They like to hang around still water around dusk and night and all the bars and restaurants that run along beach road the fresh sea breeze seems to clear this. maybe a little different on trips inland where its hotter with very little breeze.

Newton Aycliffe...
Level Contributor
10 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mozzie's?

Cheers appreciate your help.

Scotland
Level Contributor
214 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mozzie's?

I usually get bitten by mozzies despite using every trick and others known to mankind. funnily enough it is only in the 1st 2 or 3 days I get bitten after that they seem to leave me alone but in that time I will have gotten up to 20 bites in the worst year

5. Re: Mozzie's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos