We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nights out

Which Hersonissos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Nights out

My sister and I are visiting Hersonissos later this year, we're both in our fifties but young at heart! Can anybody suggest any clubs where we will fit in without looking like grannies please?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nights out

Hi there

Hersonissos' main drag is one long strip of bars, clubs, discos and pubs, as is the seafront road, I couldn't recommend anywhere specifically but the resort attracts all ages and wherever you go, you certainly won't feel like "Grannies"...;0)

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,462 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nights out

I don't recall seeing any clubs on the main road - and there are lots and lots of shops etc there as well as bars, restaurants etc.

I think the main place for clubs is in the western part of the seafront/harbour road. I don't think your age would necessarily be a 'problem' but some of the clubs are definitely targeted to the young Dutch holidaymakers.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,462 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nights out

Some more info on here:

holidays2crete.com/hersonissos-daytime-night…

When are you going?

Edited: 12 February 2014, 09:11
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nights out

Steve, there was certainly a large club on the main drag last time I walked down there, towards the western end of the main street, close to the kink in the road.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,462 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nights out

Amnesia's quite near there, but down a side street - (Sorry I can't resist this next bit) but no-one can remember where it is...

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nights out

Thanks! The attached info is helpful-we'll probably look to seek out the R'n'B music, something to dance to and not to zombie out to! We're not coming until October so I'll check out this info-cheers!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nights out

That's reassuring! There's nothing worse than going somewhere and feeling ancient even tho' you could teach some of the young 'uns a thing or two! Ta very much!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nights out

The big one on the main road was matrix i went in june 2013 and it was closed though but did look like construction was happening behind the boards. The bars and clubs with the lively atmosphere are all on the beach road on the western side and up to the harbour. allot of young dutch/irish/russian with a sprinkling of English about but certainly not all under 30 its a less intense threatening party atmosphere unlike malia etc so i found it a great place to party with my girlfriend.

Hersonissos, Greece
Level Contributor
254 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nights out

Matrix was turned into a shopping centre last year although they left the glitter balls up. At the moment they are doing building work again so we will see what it is going to be this year!

Some recommendations for you girls...

The Tiger on the 'Beach Road' different ages, different nationalities, I have been going there for the last 12 years and I am no spring chicken...

New York is a bit more classy but all ages...Again the Beach Road.

Most places on the Beach Road have outdoor seating so you don't have to do the noisy bit inside if you don't want to.

Quatro on the main road.....

Up the hill in Koutouloufari...

Dionysos where Maja will look after you

Vinnie's Garden where they make possibly the best mojito in the world

In Piskopiano, Nostos Bar which is an Irish Bar buts plays a lot of older music

In Old Hersonissos....

George's Place which is actually a taverna but is a good place to go if you just want a drink on Greek Music nights, or Sosos the same...

Where are you staying? They might have a good bar in your hotel too?

10. Re: Nights out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos