We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from Heraklion Airport to Hersonissos

Ankara, Turkey
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
bus from Heraklion Airport to Hersonissos

We will arrive Heraklion Airport (N. Kazantzakis) at 20:00 on Sunday, and we need to go to our hotel in Hersonissos. Should we first go to Heraklion city center, and then take a bus there to Hersonissos or can we find a bus in Heraklion Airport that goes to Hersonissos at that time (20:00 on Sunday)?

Where can we buy bus tickets? In the airport? Can we pay in the bus?

22 replies to this topic
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,825 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from Heraklion Airport to Hersonissos

Any bus to Malia or Agios Nikolaos direct from the airport will be good for you. Pay on the bus. Times follow:

bus-service-crete.com/timetabledet.php…

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from Heraklion Airport to Hersonissos

For the bus stop - turn right out of arrivals and walk around 30-40 yards, veer left and walk through gap in railings, the bus stop is a wooden shack on the other side of the road (you can see it shortly after you come out as it is only a short distance).

There are several bus stops along the main road through Hersonissos (nos 19-24). The central ones are 20-22, with the taxi rank being at no. 20 (just in case you need a taxi when you get to Hersonissos).

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,825 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from Heraklion Airport to Hersonissos

Erol O, if you tell us where you're staying, we can probably tell you where to get off the bus.

France
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bus from Heraklion Airport to Hersonissos

Hello, where can I find bus stops in hersonissons? I will stay in golden villas and i wonder where to get off? And also, i am coming at 7,30pm , is there any bus from the airport Heraklion to Herson.? TIA

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,825 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus from Heraklion Airport to Hersonissos

Buses from the airport run very late. Get a bus with Malia, or Agios Nikolaos, on the front. Get off at bus stop 20, by the big Spar supermarket in Hersonissos. Walk about 50 metres further on to the taxi station, and get a taxi from there to your accommodation, which is on a hillside overlooking Hersonissos.

France
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: bus from Heraklion Airport to Hersonissos

Thanks! Where can I find the bus stops? I mean according to number, is there any map of Hersonissons bus stops? Any possibility to walk from any bus stop to my hotel? And how much does the taxi cost? TIA!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,825 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus from Heraklion Airport to Hersonissos

OK.

This is the location of golden villas:

http://tinyurl.com/pm8hjm9

so it's in the far east of Hersonissos, almost on the border with Stalis. As you can see, it's not a long way from the bus route, which is along the big road near the sea, but I recommended you get a taxi from Hersonissos for 4 reasons:

1. It will be dark and the road up from the bus route will be busy

2. You will presumably have some luggage with you

3. Golden Villas is up a hill, probably about 30m higher than the main road.

4. The nearest bus stop on the main road is situated some distance away. It is about halfway between bus stops 24 and 25, and about 750m from each.

Of course, if you want to walk from the bus stop, then that's your choice. You would need to get off at bus stop 24 as I think that would be a more pleasant walk. Bus stop 24 is outside the entrance to Belvedere resort, just after Select supermarket and across the road from Star Beach:

http://tinyurl.com/odldjyv

You can see the bus stop in that picture - they all have the numbers on them which makes it easy to know where you are.

And you can scroll round all the images to see what else is nearby.

You then need to walk in the same direction along the slip road at the side of the main road for 750m, then turn right up the hill:

http://tinyurl.com/kslk2r4

for about 350m then turn sharp left for about 250m to Golden Villas. So about 1.4km in total.

From the taxi station I would guess €6-€8. Another option would be to get off at bus stop 24 and stop a taxi going along the main road, which should be reasonably easy and would probably cost a bit less, probably no more than €5

Edited: 14 October 2014, 13:01
France
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bus from Heraklion Airport to Hersonissos

Thanks a lot!!!!! I think you are right and i will just get a taxi :) I hope it will be easy to find one maybe on bus stop 24..many, many thanks again!!

I also wanted to ask what's the weather like last 2 weeks in october..still possible to swim and sunbathe ? And any ideas where to go around herson.? I heard about lasithi and dikteon, is it far away?TIA

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,825 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bus from Heraklion Airport to Hersonissos

Still plenty warm enough to swim, especially in the sea. The weather won't be 100% sun but still should be pleasant.

Some ideas for ay trips here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g503710-i9517-k7…

Will you have a car?

France
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: bus from Heraklion Airport to Hersonissos

great! no, i will be withour car..thinking about some hikings around+ sunbath at the beach also :) amny thanks for your help!!!

Reply to: bus from Heraklion Airport to Hersonissos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos