We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help? Going to Crete and have no idea??

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need help? Going to Crete and have no idea??

Hi me and my friend have booked to go to agios nikolaos, we are both in our late 20's and wanting a chilled (but not too chilled holiday) I'm starting to worry that this holiday will be a disaster and we will be really bored! We're staying at the Santa marina hotel has anyone stayed there before? We have a chance to change hotel and location, someone mentioned hersonissos? Please help we fly in two weeks!!

Whitley, United...
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help? Going to Crete and have no idea??

Hi before people can give a proper reply can you say why you think Ag Nik will be boring and what you are looking for.

In my personal opinion I think dependant on what you want etc Hersonissos is more appealing for your age group, my son and his girlfriend are around the same age, done the Mad Malia holidays as singles, found AgNik not for them on visits and doing Hersonissos next month after researching etc.

Whitley, United...
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help? Going to Crete and have no idea??

Ps have you researched your hotel on TA , very mixed reviews, would not be my choice.

They are booked into Bellos apartments Hersonissos.

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help? Going to Crete and have no idea??

Thankyou so much for your reply! We have been told a few things. Much appreciated.x

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help? Going to Crete and have no idea??

Hi there

Ok first your hotel isn't one that I am familiar with..but location wise you would be an easy walking distance to the centre of Agios (lake ) ....another question is when were you thinking of travelling to Crete ? Agios is quite different in August and early September than it is in lTe September / October time.....

As a working Greek town Agios has a good choice of bars and a few clubs too...but it's certainly nothing like Hersonissos , if you want clubs then I would look at Hersonissos ..why not look on facebook for Alexandros roof gardens and also Puerto bar the two main late night tourist bars ...which will give you an idea of what to expect

Another possible place to look at which has more bars than Agios but not so in your face as Hersonissos is Stallis

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,345 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help? Going to Crete and have no idea??

Hi,

I'm sure that if you do opt to change your resort then Hersonissos would suit you perfectly from what your saying.

There are plenty of areas of the town to just chill out in and if you want livelier then head down towards the harbour area at night where the clubs are located.

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,345 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help? Going to Crete and have no idea??

Hi,

I'm sure that if you do opt to change your resort then Hersonissos would suit you perfectly from what your saying.

There are plenty of areas of the town to just chill out in and if you want livelier then head down towards the harbour area at night where the clubs are located.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 07:55
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,489 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help? Going to Crete and have no idea??

You haven't said what bores you, and what relieves boredom for you. It would help to know that!

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help? Going to Crete and have no idea??

We're looking to chill out during the day and have the option to go out to some good bars at night, we are defo past the whole malia scene but still want some night life? Does anyone have any suggestions to all inclusive in hersonissos? Thankyou.

Whitley, United...
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help? Going to Crete and have no idea??

That's a swear word in Greece, please don't do All Inclusive ! Don't want to start yet another all inclusive battle but Greece do not do all inc well and it's killing the place.

It's so cheap to eat out, you miss out on meeting so many lovely people, miss out on sampling such gorgeous food etc etc

Most AI places do not employ local people, import food etc, please support the Greek people and don't do AI, sorry about the rant.

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help? Going to Crete and have no idea??

Tonyandmandy are absolutely right, please, please don't go AI for all the reasons they stated.

Get answers to your questions about Hersonissos
Recent Conversations