We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car is a necessity?

Xanthi
Level Contributor
52 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Renting a car is a necessity?

Hello everybody

I am considering visiting Tinos at the end of July,

is really worth it to rent a car in Tinos or the local trasportation (buses) covers the island villages and beaches. What are the rates for renting a small car 1000cc.

Thanks in advance

athens, greece
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a car is a necessity?

Hello Ambier!

It is better you rent a car and you turn the island. Beautiful beach is the beach of Kolympithras, Saint Ioannis in Porto. Also you can visit the traditional village Pirgos and then continue for Panormos for swimm and lunch. Also you try www.tinos.biz and www.tinos.gr

I hope I helped you..

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a car is a necessity?

Hi Ambier.

I went to Tinos last year with a friend and we didn't want to rent a car.

We found the bus system (with a little help from taxis) excellent! There was only one fantastic beach that buses didn't reach (Isternia) and we took a taxi to get there.

I know that having a car would give you more freedom but if you are sick of driving every day, you'll be fine without it, as long as you stay in (or near) the town.

Thalia

Shropshire England
Level Contributor
424 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting a car is a necessity?

Hello ambier

As we were only able to be in Tinos for three days for our first visit, we decided to rent a car so as to see as much of the island as possible. A small car with a/c cost e25 per day from Jason rentals.

we had a mix of mountain villages and beaches giving a taste of Tinos, just enough to want to return in the future.

Xanthi
Level Contributor
52 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting a car is a necessity?

thank you all for your answers

5. Re: Renting a car is a necessity?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Tinos
Recent Conversations