We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Star Ferry to Tinos

Which Tinos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Wayne, Indiana
12 posts
Save Topic
Blue Star Ferry to Tinos

We are planning on visiting the island of Tinos and want to travel on a ferry. I've been looking online and Blue Star appears to be well kept and comfortable? Any suggestions? I'm considering booking the business class. Thanks!

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,332 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Star Ferry to Tinos

Blue Star ferries are large and reliable ferries. In my opinion business class dont give much extra. On a sunny day its far better to spend time on the open decks (which is open to everybody). The need for booking in anvance depends on when you are travelling. Usually it is not needed. If you still wants to pre-book, use Blue Star ferries own web.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Star Ferry to Tinos

You don't say when you are travelling and where you want to get to Tinos from. If you are going direct from Athens airport Rafina is the best port to use as it is nearer the airport than Piraeus and there are more ferries to Tinos. If you are travelling from central Athens it's probably easier to go to Piraeus.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Star Ferry to Tinos

Thanks for your reply. We are flying into Athens and staying in Athens for a few days before heading to Tinos. I've visited Blue Star's website, but it doesn't clarify the difference between business and what they call "air" seats. Since there will be 7 of us, I want to make certain that we all can sit together. From what I've been able to confirm is that economy is open seating. I want assigned seating and I'm not sure if "air" seating offers this?

Thanks again!

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,332 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Star Ferry to Tinos

Air seats is the only with numbered seats, you sits like in an airplane, rows of two or three seats besides. Business is more like a lounge with tables and low chairs, carpets on the floor and waiters serving you. First come, no reservations. I guess you will spending most of the time on the open decks together with all the economy passengers, whatever class you are buying. i like to have the air-seats as a retreat when I want to rest a bit, and I can leave the jacket or a bag in the seat. Seven persons being social is best done on the outside decks.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Star Ferry to Tinos

thanks for your input!

6. Re: Blue Star Ferry to Tinos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Tinos