We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa for Svalbard

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Moscow, Moscow...
4 posts
Save Topic
visa for Svalbard

Hello,

I'm from Algeria but I'm living in Moscow (Russia), I'm planning to visit Svalbard but before that I'd like to ask some quastions about the Visa, please.

When I read about that issue in the internet I didn't find a clear website to understand every thing about process, and I couldn't find an answer for my quastion, Do I need a visa to get to Svalbard or not?

I found that with SAS airlines I can make a reservation from Moscow to

Svalbard through Oslo and Tromso Airports, So I understood that I'll

stay in the international area and by logic I don't need a visa to go to Norway, but in the websites I read that I need a Visa type C !!!

So please please.......... Can you answer my quastion and explaine to me what I should to do to get to Svalbard !

thank you a lot.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa for Svalbard

See reply on your other post.

São Paulo
Level Contributor
167 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa for Svalbard

where is the other post?

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,159 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa for Svalbard

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190479-i551-k5754…

All the posts for Norway (including Svalbard) can be found in the main Norway forum! There is also the search function you can use or simply scroll through a few pages.

São Paulo
Level Contributor
167 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa for Svalbard

thank you very much

5. Re: visa for Svalbard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Svalbard