We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Svalbard Cruise in 2015

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
22 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Svalbard Cruise in 2015

I am planning a cruise to see polar bears and other wildlife in 2015. I have read that the best odds of polar bear sightings are around June. I found a trip in May that looks great. I know the ice is unpredictable from year to year, but would June be better? I found another option in late June/ early July.

Thanks in advance!!!

Cathy

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
3 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Svalbard Cruise in 2015

We took Silverseas Explorer mid June this year. The ice was think so it took extra time, which we had, to find sea ice that we could navigate to find Polar Bears. The bears are found on the thick sea ice. We saw two in ten days but were only in sea ice for two days. I think late June, early July is best based on our trip. It is amazing and we exceed your expectations. You are on top of the world. We went as far North as you can go without a dog sled as the ice got too thick for the reinforced hull to move the ice at the 80th parallel. Fantastic.

Oslo
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Svalbard Cruise in 2015
Visit Norway What's this?

Hello,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Norway and were delighted by the remarkable experience you have described with such enthusiasm. For suggestions on additional destinations in Norway and further inspiration, please visit our website:

http://www.visitnorway.com/en/

Content provided by Visit Norway: www.visitnorway.com
3. Re: Svalbard Cruise in 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 07:16