We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwold pubs

Shropshire
Level Contributor
543 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Southwold pubs

Hi everyone and anyone,

I was wondering if anywhere in Southwold sold anything bar Adnam's and how much a pint of Broadside was this summer: in any or each of the 'Sole Bay', 'Nelson' and 'Red Lion'.

Thanks for any replies.

<*))))))><

Yaxley, Suffolk
Level Contributor
608 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwold pubs

I only recall seeing Adnams ales in the harbour inn, Nelson, Sole bay and Red Lion. Think the other pub as you come into Southwold at the start of the high street is also an Adnams pub. Next time I go to Southwold (in the next few weeks) I'll have a proper look and update this post (unless someone else answers it first).

I'll also check the price of Broadside. In my local, Broadside is usually sold for about £3. I suspect it will be higher than this in Southwold. Though after a few pints I doubt anyone cares.

Shropshire
Level Contributor
543 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwold pubs

Cheers for the reply, we don't go there until mid July.

The Kings Head (the pub as you enter town on the right) is an Adnams owned inn, as is the Pier bar, The Blyth Hotel, Crown and Swan.

The only non-Adnams owned place was the Blue Lighthouse if I remember correctly from our last visit, but they only sold Adnams too (they didn't at first, but changed after a year or two of opening).

<*))))))><

Shropshire
Level Contributor
543 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwold pubs

Had a fab week (apart from the rain) in Southwold: only pub that doesn't sell just Adnam's is the Blue Lighthouse, cask Greene King IPA available in there. St Peters beers could be had at the Sutherland House restaurant.

<*))))))><

Edited: 05 August 2011, 09:02
4. Re: Southwold pubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2017, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Southwold