We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cliffs Theatre - Comedy Curry Night

Which Southend-on-Sea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
116 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Cliffs Theatre - Comedy Curry Night

Have booked a comedy curry night. Dont really know what to expect,,,, will the two of us be expected to share a table with a larger group. Is there a choice of curry. Do you eat and watch entertainment all within the same room ???? Hopefully someone can advise ...... im a bit nervous now of what im walking into !!!!

Many Thanks in advance.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cliffs Theatre - Comedy Curry Night

I've been to a quiz and curry night at the Cliffs. It was in the Maritime Room and as it was a quiz, we didn't share a table with others (no cheating that way!!). I remember there was a choice of curries, and it was served buffet style in another room. You just grabbed your cutlery and plate of curry and went back into the main room. We ate during a break in the quiz, so I'm not sure if you have to laugh and eat at the same time on the comedy night! I'm sure you will have a good time, though. There's always a first time for everything ...

Essex
Level Contributor
116 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cliffs Theatre - Comedy Curry Night

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Your right, first time for everything. Its got to be worth a whirl for £13.50 a ticket :)

I guess it will be similar to your experience, Many thanks.

Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cliffs Theatre - Comedy Curry Night

I went to the last comedy and curry. It was a really good evening! Curry was nice and the acts were really good.

Went as a couple and were seated on a large table. There were smaller tables but they seemed to be reserved for groups. Food was buffet style and served before the first acts.

Brilliant evening and we'll be going again tonight! I'd say get there a bit earlier as parking is a pain, plus Jools holland is on tonight so will be packed

Hope you enjoy!

Essex
Level Contributor
116 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cliffs Theatre - Comedy Curry Night

UPDATE.............

princess_mamoru ,,,,, I probably passed by you last night. You were right, it was a good evening,, I went with intrepadation, but I would definately go again in the near future........... and oh .... The Parking .... Your right, next time must arrive earlier. Thank you for your help everyone.

5. Re: Cliffs Theatre - Comedy Curry Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Southend-on-Sea