We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost for a Taxi from Heathrow Airport to Four Seasons Hotel

Palos Verdes, CA
Level Contributor
27 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Cost for a Taxi from Heathrow Airport to Four Seasons Hotel

I am accompanying my DH on a business trip to Farnborough. We are staying at the Four Seasons in Hampshire. Debating as to renting a car or taking a taxi from Heathrow.

Will be in the middle of a 10 day trip so luggage makes the express/train/tube/train/taxi option look highly undesirable and lengthy. Any idea what a taxi would cost? Hotel notes the distance/time as 43km/27 miles and 45 minutes.

Thanks in advance!

5 replies to this topic
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost for a Taxi from Heathrow Airport to Four Seasons Hotel

You have misjudged the public transport options, a coach will get you to Woking, from where you can get a train to the nearest town.

However the hotel is poorly served by public transport, so have you considered how you will travel during your stay?

Palos Verdes, CA
Level Contributor
27 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost for a Taxi from Heathrow Airport to Four Seasons Hotel

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response. DH was planning on taking taxi's to meetings in Farnborough. I was going to mostly hang out at the resort during the day and take taxi's to meet the Team for Dinner at night (Fleet one night and Farnborough the 2nd night). We are at the 4S 2 nights and then the Aviator for the 3rd. I understand the Aviator has much better public transportation options.

Is this reasonable or is a car a must? DH is reluctant to rent a car as he is concerned about delays getting to meetings.

Those roundabouts are a killer when you are by yourself and have no one to help navigate. Making 2 roundabout mistakes in a row will pretty much kill an afternoon for a couple of rubes like us. Drove for hundres of miles in New Zealand with no problem, For some reason, our experience specifically in Southern England has been dreadful in the past.

Thanks for your guidance.

3. Re: Cost for a Taxi from Heathrow Airport to Four Seasons Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 08:35

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost for a Taxi from Heathrow Airport to Four Seasons Hotel

Dinez T, this post is nearly 2 years old, I strongly suspect that the OP has been and gone.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,571 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost for a Taxi from Heathrow Airport to Four Seasons Hotel

Denez is a taxi company !

Reply to: Cost for a Taxi from Heathrow Airport to Four Seasons Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Farnborough