We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whitstable / Herne Bay nights out?

Which Whitstable hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chelmsford, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Whitstable / Herne Bay nights out?

Hi

My wife and I are coming to stay at Seaview for a midweek break in the first week in April.

We are both early 40s and would like advise on pubs that play live music during the week, are good to eat in and/ or have a good atmosphere.

We're both healthy so can walk from the camp withourt problem.

Cheers

John

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whitstable / Herne Bay nights out?

The nearest pub walking-wise is The Hampton Inn which has just got new management. It's still a good 15 min walk, if you bring bikes with you the promenade to it is an official cycle route. Herne Bay is not the best place for a night out though.

http://www.hamptoninnhernebay.co.uk/

Probably better to head into Whitstable. The Old Neptune (the pub on the beach and my personal favourite) regularly has live music, also worth investigating the Whitstable Brewery Bar on the East Quay and the Harbour Garden Cafe. Also keep an eye on the listings for the Horsebridge Centre which has gigs occasionally. Foodwise I don't think any of the town centre pubs have a partiularly strong reputation for food (you can browse through the TA restaurant listings for ideas though).

If I think of any others when I have a bit more time I'll add to this later.

Chelmsford, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Whitstable / Herne Bay nights out?

thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciated

John

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whitstable / Herne Bay nights out?

Just to correct my first point, the nearest pub is The Plough Inn at Swalecliffe by which you'll pass as it's by the entrance to Seaview. It has a carvery-type restaurant. I've never been in though I did happen to drive past this morning and noticed they do have live music, although I'd much rather sit on the seawall at Hampton and admire the view!

Whitstable foody pubs - I completely forgot about the Peason's Arms - now something of a gastropub (owned by TV chef Richard Phillips) and I was in Whitstable this morning and noticed they have live music every Tuesday. I haven't been inside for years though since it was a regular pub.

4. Re: Whitstable / Herne Bay nights out?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2016, 19:15