We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bed and breakfast forest of bowland late July/august

Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
bed and breakfast forest of bowland late July/august

Hi, has anyone got recommendations for b & b for 2 adults and small dog for 2 - 4 nights in the forest of bowland, please? We like to walk and stroll to pub for evening meal would be good but don't mind getting in the car is necessar. Price range £45 - 60 per night? any advice welcomed and thanks in advance!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,769 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bed and breakfast forest of bowland late July/august

I don;t have b&b details, but I can recommend the Inn at Whitewell, as one of the best pubs/inns in England, imo. Great food, beer, wine, views (and rooms).

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,590 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bed and breakfast forest of bowland late July/august

Totally agree about the Inn at Whitewell, but it is way beyond your stated budget I'm afraid.

We also like the Red Pump Inn, but also just beyond your budget too, depends when you are planning to go.

www.theredpumpinn.co.uk

Also-

http://fp.aldencottage.f9.co.uk/page2.htm

Wherever you stay, I'd also recommend the Three Fishes at Mitton for superb local food at very reasonable prices.

www.thethreefishes.com

Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: bed and breakfast forest of bowland late July/august

Thanks for your replies - hope to find something within budget soon - maybe a farmhouse B & B? Will note the recommendations and hope to get more info from the forum, including any good walking routes etc

4. Re: bed and breakfast forest of bowland late July/august

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2009, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Waddington