We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Robin Hood's Bay Challenge : Trying to eat there ...

Which Robin Hood's Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
The Robin Hood's Bay Challenge : Trying to eat there ...

You'd think that on a sunny day in the Easter school holidays my children and I would be able to get something to eat in a tourist hot-spot like Robin Hood's Bay? Wrong!! As we descended through the village, not a single place to get food, either closed or had "stopped serving" at 2.30 in the afternoon ... finally we got to the bottom of the village and entered the Bay Hotel, only again to be told they weren't doing food. In the end we had to cut short our visit there because my children were hungry. Robin Hood's Bay it is a FALSE ECONOMY to cut right back on kitchen staff. We as many other tourists would happily have stayed much longer, browsed in your various shops, bought souvenirs, eaten food etc, but were forced to leave because NOBODY in the entire village is providing food! I guess you have a village council or some such organisation - please try to look at your lovely village from tourist eyes and then get your act together!

1 reply
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Robin Hood's Bay Challenge : Trying to eat there ...

I think the pubs in RHB, like much of rural Devon, tend to serve only between 12:00-14:30 at lunch time and always have. Did you try the chippy? They served later last time I was there

Reply to: The Robin Hood's Bay Challenge : Trying to eat there ...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Robin Hood's Bay