We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surprise visit

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Surprise visit

Hi!

Living in Northumberland we are lucky that we are not too far away to be able to visit Holy Island for a day out.

Our daughter loves the place and we like to go over just as the tide is about to cut the island off so that we are 'stranded'. We enjoy the peace and quiet, we have ampicnic, walk over to St Cuthberts island, then when the tide goes back out we go home - of course this depends upon the crossing times.

This weekend the crossing times are lunchtime - 8pm so we are going over and unbeknown to our daughter we are booked into the Lindesfarne Hotel for the night!

We've never actually stayed overnight before.

The very helpful owner (Shaun I think) is in on the secret!

He's told me about a 'secret beach' - cant wait - will let you all know how it goes!

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Surprise visit

What a lovely report. So pleased your daughter enjoyed her surprise. I feel really envious and think we will have to do it again ourselves one day.

london
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Surprise visit

so now I've not only GOT to go back, I've also GOT to stay overnight !! ... why does my travel wish list only get longer and never shorter

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Surprise visit

SORRY cazinatutu!

But you will love it!

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Surprise visit

Have so enjoyed reading this thread.

We've been three times now to Northumberland coast with two visits to Lindisfarne.Now I too,want to stay overnight and feel the urge to get back up there soon.Not sure if we can make it this year owing to other travel plans .Oh dear.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Surprise visit

Mummygaot

Thanks, I'm glad you've enjoyed the thread.

How you get to visit soon!

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Surprise visit

WOW!

Just saw the place on the local news - Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman are filming there!!!!

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Surprise visit

Just booked to stay again. Would have gone back sooner but a pesky broken leg put paid to plans, anyway - can't wait!

18. Re: Surprise visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2017, 23:17