We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Chippy in Seahouses?

Which Seahouses hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Best Chippy in Seahouses?

Heading back to the great place that is Bamburgh this Summer, last year had a walk/ trip or two into Seahouses and planning same again, wondered if anybody could help with which is the best of the many chippies there? One is supposed to be the Hairy Biker's favourite?

Washington, England
Level Contributor
377 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Chippy in Seahouses?

Can't remember its name but as you go down towards the harbour from the main street it's on the right hand side just after the road junction. It's got a picture of the HairyBikers in the window.

mj6
manchester england
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Chippy in Seahouses?

i have always enjoyed the neptune which is on the main road in seahouse just near the roundabout

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
102 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Chippy in Seahouses?

This is easy for me! I have been visiting Seahouses and enjoying fish and chips for 25 years (park looking out to sea if the weather is bad and watch the waves crash into the harbour!). It has to be Pinnacles, it's the one the Hairy Bikers loved and the one I remain loyal to!

yournorthumberland.co.uk/area-guides/seahous…

This link has other recommended places to eat as well, enjoy!

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Chippy in Seahouses?

Serendipety ! I have just logged in to get some up to date info on the Seahouses area as we are visiting next week-end for the first time in several years and here it is ! We are staying at the Bamburgh Castle Hotel ,which I see from the link looks a good place to eat as well, this is why I find TA so usefull, Many thanks.

co.durham, england
Level Contributor
414 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Chippy in Seahouses?

Pinnacles is the hairy bikers fave but neptunes is just as good.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Chippy in Seahouses?

Just back and went for Pinnacles as I'm a bit of a Hairy Biker myself, so thanks for all the advice everyone...or should I say dudes!

co.durham, england
Level Contributor
414 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Chippy in Seahouses?

Wey aye dude, glad you enjoyed them!

Edited: 16 June 2012, 14:07
Stockton. England
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Chippy in Seahouses?

Just back from Seahouses this evening so can give you up to date review.

For many years I found Lewis's the best until it changed hands a few times and my last trip there I believed the chips to be under cooked.

I then tried Pinnacles who everyone I knew advised were the best. I found too greasy. I should add that my wife loves greasy fish and chips whereas I prefer dry.

I have always found the Neptune to be cooked to perfection with no complaints whatsoever.

Today we tossed a coin and went to Pinnacles for my wife's favourite. By her own admission the chips tasted as though they were full of oil and dried. To be honest the appearance to me were of rewarmed chips which i'm sure they weren't but that was the impression.

Morale of story is we now both agree on Neptune and will be our next port of call when we go up to Seahouses again.

consett
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Chippy in Seahouses?

Yep, been frequenting Neptunes on our last few visits.

10. Re: Best Chippy in Seahouses?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 11:40
Get answers to your questions about Seahouses
Recent Conversations