We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next day Reduced Rate at Alton Towers?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
294 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Next day Reduced Rate at Alton Towers?

Visited AT a couple of years ago for 1 day only but as we were leaving I remember seeing some adverts offering a reduced ticket price for anyone who wanted to return the next day. I think it was approx £9 for the next day. Does anyone know if this is a current offer this year? Thanks.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Next day Reduced Rate at Alton Towers?

http://www.altontowers.com/tickets/

This is the online prices page, a 2 day ticket is only about £8 more than a one day ticket. If you can avoid weekends and school holidays though one day will be plenty.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
294 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Next day Reduced Rate at Alton Towers?

Thanks for that. We've got a couple of the Tesco Days Out vouchers so just wondered if it's cheaper to get them online and not get to use the vouchers or to buy at the gate and use the BOGOF offer (we're 2 adults, 2 over 12s,1 10yr old) or if we buy one day, get a 2nd day offer. I've got the feeling the online works better and it looks like you get early opening if I've read it properly. It will be in the Scottish school holidays-3rd week in July- but will probably go on a weekday. Thanks for the help though.

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,747 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Next day Reduced Rate at Alton Towers?

There will still be quite a few school kids on school trips at Alton Towers during that week (And all the other attractions around) My sons high school has a couple of 'Activities Days' that week and Alton Towers is the main one that they all want to go to.

Won't be anywhere near as packed as the weekends and the school holiday weeks after though! :)

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
294 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Next day Reduced Rate at Alton Towers?

Thank you, yes I kind of remember a lot of teenagers being there on a previous visit but if I remember correctly they all went home at about 3pm and we got to ride a lot of things then. If we buy online I think we get in earlier so if we do that then just chill (have never made it down to the gardens before), eat, and maybe do the less busy rides during the schoolday we might just manage to fit all the scary ones in? Anyway, I think we've made up our minds what to do, we can get a Travelodge nearby for £19 per night so not over budget yet!

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,747 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Next day Reduced Rate at Alton Towers?

Hope you all have a good time !

Which Travelodge are you planning on staying in? There is one on the M6 Stafford North services or one actually in Stafford itself.

The Stafford one is only a 10 minute walk into town (and with a KFC & Pizza Hut & Frankie & Bennys right outside) and is about a couple of miles from Junction 14,but even though it is a brand new one,it doesn't seem to have very good reviews on TA.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
294 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Next day Reduced Rate at Alton Towers?

Have to admit you frightened me there as we've booked the Stoke Travelodge, but I see it is a little bit closer than the Staford one, phew! Actually have no idea where either of them is, I'm afraid I usually fall asleep when we leave home and only wake up when we're in a car park! Don't think there can be that much difference between the various sites and we're really only planning to sleep there. Too much to do! Thanks for your advice I know our kids will want to find a Frankie and Bennys somewhere!

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,747 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Next day Reduced Rate at Alton Towers?

Thats good then. Sorry for scaring you :)

Yes , Stoke would be a bit closer , although they are all within decent driving distance to attractions.

A lot of people use the Stafford one for Alton Towers and as they haven't got too good reviews you are probably better off in the Stoke one!

(I was contemplating asking if I could view a room in the Stafford one as I walk past to town,as I could then advise on what their rooms look like at least on this forum)

Have fun!!!!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
294 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Next day Reduced Rate at Alton Towers?

I could take a photo of the Stoke one and upload it- hmm a bit boring after all the beautiful faraway places everyone else posts! Thanks again for your help if I pick up any tips I'll post them after our trip.

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,747 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Next day Reduced Rate at Alton Towers?

I'd be happy to see your photos :)

Never been to a Travelodge ourselves, we have always used Premier Inns and Holiday Inns (Bit of a squash in Holiday Inns we have stayed in when the settee-bed is down for our son). Would be interested to see some piccies of one.

Looking forwards to hearing about your trip and would be good to hear any tips .

Enjoy ! :)

10. Re: Next day Reduced Rate at Alton Towers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 06:20