We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alton Towers food / £20 food voucher

Which Alton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Alton Towers food / £20 food voucher

Hi all. Will be paying a visit to Alton Towers next month and wondered if anyone knew how the food was priced and whether it was worth getting the All Day Dining pass where you can apparently eat as much as you want (not sure that's a sensible idea at a theme park!!) for the ticket price (which is about £30 for an adult).

We'll have breakfast before we get there and be having dinner where we're staying but we would be planning to have a sit down lunch and then possibly snacks/drinks at the park.

I just wondered whether the restaurants there were fairly okay priced and we should just pay for what we have, or if we'd be as well getting the pass?

(PS that header is meant to say £30 food voucher not £20!)

Thanks in advance :)

Edited: 22 June 2014, 08:53
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,668 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alton Towers food / £20 food voucher

If you're already having breakfast and dinner and are only looking for lunch and a drink then I think that's expensive. Theme parks always hike their prices on the assumption people have to buy from them. Below are some prices from last year ...

Premium dining (pizzas, etc...): between £7-£10 for one

Eat in (burger bars, etc...): Between £3- £7

To-go (pies, etc...): Under £3 in some places, £3-£7 in others

Treats (waffles, donuts): Under £3

Most people take a packed lunch.

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alton Towers food / £20 food voucher

Ah perfect - thought it sounded a bit steep but thought I'd double check! Thanks for your help! :)

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,512 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alton Towers food / £20 food voucher

Son said they paid about £6-£8 each for a burger meal which had burger, chips and a drink. About the same in the chicken shop (a bit like a KFC)

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alton Towers food / £20 food voucher

Yeah definitely think we will give it a miss then, otherwise I'd be in danger of trying to eat £30 of food just to get my moneys worth!

Thanks guys :)

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,668 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alton Towers food / £20 food voucher

Lol. That's what happens when you get a paid for offer. I've seen folk legless when paying for inclusive drinks on a cruise just to get their money's worth. It's a wonder they didn't fall overboard.

6. Re: Alton Towers food / £20 food voucher

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2016, 22:18