We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where is this pub?

Which Burton upon Trent hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania...
Level Contributor
42 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
where is this pub?

I am looking for a pub in Burton that you enter as if you are going into a factory yard.It is next to a factory. It is very basic with one room a cobbled floor. Has very good beer. It was about 5 min drive from town center. Can you give me the name and directions? Thank you.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,032 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where is this pub?

Dear George

How long ago since you went to this place??

1984 perhaps??

Keep the Aspidestra Flying,

EW

Pennsylvania...
Level Contributor
42 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where is this pub?

I was there about 2 years ago.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where is this pub?

This sounds like the Bar at the Coors museum (formerly Bass brewing museum). As that's the only pub I've ever been to in Burton, I could be wrong though !

Burton upon...
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where is this pub?

Sounds like the Thomas Sykes, off Anglesey Rd. You walked over the old brewery(Everard's) yard and the pub is the only one in the town with a stone cobbled floor. After saying that the sad news is that this fine pub of character has closed !

5. Re: where is this pub?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about Burton upon Trent