We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Croydon from Gatwick

3 posts
Save Topic
Transport to Croydon from Gatwick

Hi everyone.

I will be traveling from Gatwick to Croydon, I'm also traveling from Croydon to Wembley stadium What is the most cost effective way to travel using public transportation? I will greatlyappreciate any info.

Mentioned in this post
Croydon
Croydon
Greater London, UK
Wembley Stadium
Wembley Stadium
5,236 Reviews
Wembley, UK
London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
23,444 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Croydon from Gatwick

Gatwick to Croydon is dead simple - there are trains from Gatwick Airport to East Croydon every few minutes.

There is also a direct train from East Croydon to Wembley Central about once an hour.

Mentioned in this post
Croydon
Croydon
Greater London, UK
Wembley
Wembley
Greater London, UK
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Croydon from Gatwick

Thank you for the info. Are all trains same price leaving from Gatwick?

Mentioned in this post
Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to Croydon from Gatwick

No. The fares vary by class of travel, train operator, day of the week and time of day - see nationalrail.co.uk. You need to buy a conventional train ticket for the journey from Gatwick to Croydon. But Croydon to Wembley is a journey entirely within the Transport for London (TfL) travel zones. You should check out the information on Travelcards and Oyster Cards on the TA London forum or on tfl.gov.uk

Mentioned in this post
Croydon
Croydon
Greater London, UK
Wembley
Wembley
Greater London, UK
London
London
England, UK
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to Croydon from Gatwick

Thank you very much, I will look into it.

5. Re: Transport to Croydon from Gatwick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2016, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Croydon