We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farnham House Hotel

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
294 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Farnham House Hotel

What is wrong with the management of The Farnham House Hotel! We have booked our wedding reception there this year but it is having the most horrendous reviews now Im seriously thinking of forgoing my deposit & cancelling it! I cant bear my guests to stay there & be so disapointed with the rooms. The cleanliness is appalling.

It has always had average reviews with the odd good one thrown in but now its mainly bad with the odd average one.

Im getting seriously worried. Thinking of at least arranging cabs to take my guests to another Hotel.

Does anyone know anything about this Hotel?

7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1 post
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farnham House Hotel

Hey

Some friends had a reception there about 5 years ago. It was a bit tired at the time, but it was a nice event. That said we missed some of it as we had a baby and had to nip home to feed it! It's a lovely location.

That said, I haven't been back since. Suggest checking it out on Sundays when it's busy with Sunday lunches.

Tedfordian

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farnham House Hotel

Angel

Are you aware that the group has appointed administrators - details on their website? Apparently wedding receptions are not affected but may go some way to explain your concerns.

I really hope this doesn't spoil your big day.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
294 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farnham House Hotel

What?!!! I just looked at the farnham House Hotels website cant see anything about that. OMG I really am in a panic now.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Farnham House Hotel

Bottom of the page

==========

Nick Cropper, Ryan Grant and Anne O’Keefe were appointed Joint Administrators of Hollybourne Hotels Limited and Hollybourne Hotels Holdings Limited (together the Companies) on 12 February 2014. The affairs, business and property of the Companies are being managed by the Joint Administrators who act as agents of the Companies and without personal liability. Nick Cropper, Ryan Grant and Anne O’Keefe are licensed to act as Insolvency Practitioners by the Insolvency Practitioners Association. - See more at: farnhamhousehotel.com/#sthash.Kw6yTBM3.dpuf

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
294 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Farnham House Hotel

I saw it in the end. Doesnt exactly stand out on the page, guess that's the idea. I wonder how long it would take them to tell me & all the other brides that have booked weddings there this year & next probably!

Oh dear, I dont need this now a few months before supposedly the best day of my life!

Thanks for letting me know.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Farnham House Hotel

Do you have wedding insurance?

You might find if looking for a last minute booking elsewhere, you can get very good discounts.

No harm in looking around and seeing what else there is available

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
294 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Farnham House Hotel

No we dont have wedding insurance. At the moment we have only paid a deposit but the wedding is in 16 weeks & all the invites have been sent out & family have booked rooms there.

I dont know what to do now .

Reply to: Farnham House Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Farnham