We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yelapa questions

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Yelapa questions

Hi guys,

I am about to book two adjoining ocean view rooms at the Hotel Lagunita for my family of six (our four children range from 7 to 17) for shortly after Christmas, and plan to have 9 full days in Yelapa.

I love the look of the hotel and think Yelapa sounds magical, but would welcome the advice of fellow travelers who've spent any time there (especially at Lagunita), as to whether it's a good bet for that length of time.

We don't need 'entertaining', hate big resorts and enjoy snorkeling, nature, food, lizards, horses, boats, books, beach and diving! My younger children hate being rushed around ‘cultural’ sites, love bugs and animals and prefer to make their own fun with rocks and water!

Even though we crave peace and nature, are we likely to need more to do? Any tips on which rooms are good at Lagunita?

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Lagunita
Hotel Lagunita
365 Reviews
Yelapa, Mexico
texas
Level Contributor
71 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yelapa questions

Hi barefootmum -- nice days is a long time in Yelapa, but there are several excursions and off-shore things to do. The hotel is special, but the town is reeeeeely small, and you'll eat in the same places. We split our trip between Yelapa and Puerto Vallarta and it was a great mix.

Mentioned in this post
Yelapa
Yelapa
Costalegre, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yelapa questions

Thanks Impackedandready!

Since posting I did a little more research and decided to spend half our trip in Yelapa, staying at Lagunita and the other half up the coast in Chacala, staying at Majahua. I'm also hiring a car for the Chacala portion, which means we can go off and see other areas and towns too.

Mentioned in this post
Yelapa
Yelapa
Costalegre, Mexico
Hotel Lagunita
Hotel Lagunita
365 Reviews
Yelapa, Mexico
Chacala
Chacala
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Sunnyvale
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Yelapa questions

hi

I said you and your family will love it. I personally have stay their for 1 day at Hotel Lagunita, but decide to stay for a whole year at the village of yelapa. I have family their thats why i dicided to stay their. It was great I went to many places. Loved the waterfalls one is just 15 to 20 min. from the beach and the other one is around 3 hours, but is worth it. If you like to dance you will love the yacth club they also serve dinner, food is delicious.

HAVE A FUN TRIP AND FOR SURE YOU WILL WISH TO HAVE MORE TIME THEIR ESPECIALLY YOUR KIDS.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Lagunita
Hotel Lagunita
365 Reviews
Yelapa, Mexico
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yelapa questions

Barefootmum,

You will love Yelapa and will be sorry that you have to leave. The hotel is nice with access to the most beautiful pool but staying in a rental is how my family stays every year. I like to have a kitchen. I'm not sure when you are going but I am throwing a huge party on Dec 28th at the Yacht club. My mother took me to yelapa 20 years ago and now I take my family. I thought I would thank my mom for this family tradition by throwing her the biggest 60th bday party possible. We currently have over 25 friends and family coming down to celebrate so the more the merrier. We are bringing lots of kids ranging from 9-18 so keep your eyes peeled for us. We sit on the beach most days at the Coco bar or Juanito's. My name is Windy and will be in Yelapa from Dec 18th to January 1st. Please feel free to e-mail me for tips and suggestions. windy@peoplegrowers.com.

Yelapa Princess

Mentioned in this post
Yelapa
Yelapa
Costalegre, Mexico
5. Re: Yelapa questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 21:20
Get answers to your questions about Yelapa
Recent Conversations