We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casita Orchidea?

colorado
Level Contributor
712 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Casita Orchidea?

Has anyone stayed here? Next to Mar Y Sol property, owned by same owners. Looks nice, and very inexpensive. Just trying to choose between this one, Casa Playita Arriba, and Casa Rosa Ana (tres). I'd probably be fine--great, even--at any of them. Just hard when i haven't seen them!

Thanks for any advice. :)

EVERYWHERE
Level Contributor
527 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casita Orchidea?

I didn't stay there but it was right next door to where we stayed at the Casa DAniela (upstairs from the Ana)....and Randy and Judy took us on a tour of it....It is incredible! Two big bedrooms...two full bathrooms...huge balconey with outdoor patio furniture, six burner stove, huge table that seats like 8 or ten....wonderful hammocks and futtons for more company....however...it's probably alottttt more than you need....if I remember from your last posts it's just you going by yourself?? This place is geared more for families or couples traveling together etc....however ...if you can afford it...GO FOR IT!! It's very cool....looks right over the cove and out to the Pacific.

The anabel next door is alot smaller...and we loved our Casa Daniela and the little balconey and it's views.....

If you go to the "pictures" section here on the Yelapa forum I posted alot of pix from our March 2010 trip....some of the views are on there...for whatever reason my pix are mixed in w/ some other travelers photo's from 2007? so....just keep sifting thru....

Good luck w/ your search and planning...it's half the fun....

PS...yes, there are even alot of Orchids growing right on the balconey at the Orchidea...very pretty

colorado
Level Contributor
712 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casita Orchidea?

Hi,

i think you're thinking of Casa Bella Orchidea, which is indeed a bigger place! The Casita i mention is a one-bedroom (possibly a one-ROOM) place, much much smaller.

Looks nice, and i was told there is a terrace i can climb up to that has great views and lots of sun (the little terrace that is part of casita is nice, but doesn't get much sun).

EVERYWHERE
Level Contributor
527 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casita Orchidea?

okayyyyyyyyy...yes, I do know which one you mean...they let us tour that one too..it's kinda linked to the one I described above. It was kinda small for my taste but very clean and modern. We could look down on it from our Daniela and it had a set of wooden chairs and a little table out there. cute...the pix on their site of it are accurate. It's like a mini hotel room w/ kitchenette included..small for us but hey for one person...it would easily work...and great location and Randy and Judy are a stones throw away if you were to have any questions or issues w/ the place. Good luck

colorado
Level Contributor
712 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casita Orchidea?

Yeah, that sounds more like it! It does look cute, just a little small...I am negotiating right now for a couple of other places that are just $5 more but are bigger. But, this could totally work.

The other places are right by the pier, though a few stories up. Did you find Daniela to be noisy (roosters, town, etc.)? Think it might be better location than pier?

Ahh..i know i'm obsessing too much! ;)

EVERYWHERE
Level Contributor
527 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casita Orchidea?

I really liked the location of the Daniela and the one you are talking about is right next door to it....the roosters were a hassle the first night but...we had brought ear plugs and after that...no worries.

I liked the location of the Daniela and the Orchidea because it was not far from the beach....and not far from the village...but if you stayed down by their pier it would only be about a 3 minute more walk. If you are healthy and have a good pair of walking shoes...No worries....

colorado
Level Contributor
712 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casita Orchidea?

Thanks! I'll let you know where i end up staying...!

colorado
Level Contributor
712 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casita Orchidea?

Forgot to ask--did you hear music from Yacht club in your casa? Wondering how far it penetrates...!

Auberry, California
Level Contributor
156 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casita Orchidea?

If you stay out at the point you won't here anything but the ocean and it's still just a short easy walk to town or anywhere else. El Jardin is beautiful, safe and inexpensive.

EVERYWHERE
Level Contributor
527 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casita Orchidea?

From the Daniela we did not hear any music...only the ocean...and birds in the a.m

10. Re: Casita Orchidea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Yelapa