We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer in Yelapa

houston
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Summer in Yelapa

We are thinking about planning a trip to Yelapa this summer. We had such a great time on a day trip last year. Are there restaurants and things to do in the evening during the summer?

EVERYWHERE
Level Contributor
527 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer in Yelapa

The Village restaraunts are open hit and miss...most of the beach ones are open I believe.

A great website for info on the yelapa area is:

www.casainyelapa.com

they have all kinds of info from lodging, weather, catching water taxies to restaraunts etc...we used their site alot for learning the in's and outs of Yelapa before our first trip there last March.

Happy Planning!

colorado
Level Contributor
712 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer in Yelapa

I was there in mid-June, and there was maybe one restaurant in town open each night (a couple of hotel restaurants were open, too, i think); one restaurant on the beach stays open at night, too.

The weather was very hot and muggy when i got there, but then the 'first rains' of the season came--very beautiful and dramatic storms--and after that the weather turned beautiful. Of course, there were frogs, crabs and termites (oh, and jellyfish in the sea after the storm!) to deal with afterward...;)

I felt lucky to be there with so few people, but you do possibly have to deal with mother nature a bit more!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
767 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer in Yelapa

We went to Yelapa in July '09. We had a great time and enjoyed Yelapa a lot. However, I would not return in the summer again. We stayed in Casa Pericos which was wonderful but it was opressively hot. The 4th wall is completely open to the ocean. I was expecting some breeze. It was so still at night, hot and humid that sleeping was impossible. There was a ceiling fan and we took the mosquito net off the bed to get the full benefit of the fan. That helped but then the electricity went out. I think that was the hottest I've ever been in my life.

We had a hard time finding a restaurant in town open in the evening too, although there always seemed to be one. It was just a matter of finding it.

Like I said, we really had a great time in Yelapa but I would go back in the high season when it's not so hot and there's more restaurants in town to choose from.

4. Re: Summer in Yelapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2012, 06:18