We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yelapa - where to stay, Beach or Town?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Yelapa - where to stay, Beach or Town?

We are looking at either Sol y Mar villas (in central village) or a house in the Beach area which is east and across the Tuito river (right where they meet apparently).

We have a 2.5 year old so would like to be a reasonable walk to town and the beach. We have never been to Yelapa - love some help!

Thanks much.

Lincoln, California
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Yelapa - where to stay, Beach or Town?

I took my 2 1/2 old grand son, and we stayed on the beach side... had a blast collecting sea shells, building sand castles, and just playing in the sand. (Keep in mind that the surf breaks somewhat hard at times.) We rented horses and rode through the village (and jungle) and the kids rode with us. For a child that age, I recommend the beach. Oh, and we stay at Hotel Laguinta, they also have a pool. Enjoy!

2. Re: Yelapa - where to stay, Beach or Town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 10:21