We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yelapa Social Scene for Solo Traveller

Which Yelapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Yelapa Social Scene for Solo Traveller

Any recommended accommodations, restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. for a solo woman traveller hoping to meet other people in Yelapa? I would like to be able to safely walk back alone to my accommodation after taking in the night life, so wonder what area I should strive to stay in. My budget is around $70/night. I'm not sure I want to stay out on the point or up the river due to the walk in the dark. I'd also like to avoid having to wade across the river at night. Thanks for any suggestions.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
219 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yelapa Social Scene for Solo Traveller

Same question for a solo guy in his 50's, will there be an active fun social life or will I be surrounded by self contained couples? Thanks!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yelapa Social Scene for Solo Traveller

I found quite a mix of people in Yelapa: expats, solo travellers, large jolly groups, and of course lots of friendly locals. It's certainly not all couples.

You probably want to stay "in town", meaning not the beach where Hotel Lagunita is. Going between beach and town means either wading (past Yelapa Oasis, a good choice), or walking across the sand if possible to the dark staircase up to the main path. The town has most of the (small) hotels and some good restaurants, though you should explore up-river to El Manguito (loved it) and possibly the waterfall beyond.

Safety shouldn't be an issue here.

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yelapa Social Scene for Solo Traveller

Check out Randy and Judy's places at www.casainyelapa.com

great location and super clean and modern ..close walk in either direction pretty much everything.

good luck w/ your research

Level Contributor
55 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yelapa Social Scene for Solo Traveller

Think you can find all different people in Yelapa, we love staying on the point. Yes little walk but do not think safety is an issue.

Level Contributor
55 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yelapa Social Scene for Solo Traveller

Think you can find all different people in Yelapa, we love staying on the point. Yes little walk but do not think safety is an issue. We will be there in 60 days!

6. Re: Yelapa Social Scene for Solo Traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 02:18