We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seeking guesthouse, home stay, shared house

southern Vermont
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Topic
seeking guesthouse, home stay, shared house

I, a middle-aged female, would like to spend a couple of months in Yelapa. I have friends there who can host me for the first two weeks while I look for digs. Is there anyone in the village who rents an extra room in her house?. All I need is a hammock or a bed, a table and chair, an electrical outlet , a desk lamp, some morning solitude, and a place to cook light meals, a shared bath, maybe some fridge space. I am used to communal living, would love to have this new cultural experience. Anyone offer budget monthly rates? Thanks.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seeking guesthouse, home stay, shared house

I don't know, but the town is so small that you should be able to find something within a couple of days. Word gets around in small places.

If you have two weeks, I personally wouldn't worry if you can't arrange something before you get there.

southern Vermont
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: seeking guesthouse, home stay, shared house

Cool. Well this is encouraging.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seeking guesthouse, home stay, shared house

Check out El Jardine. It has all the things you are looking for. I stayed here for a wedding in march 2010 and it was one of the most peaceful and cozy places I've ever stayed. Everything is open to the air and right next to the water. So you get to fall asleep gazing out at the bay listening to the water.

As I recall they did have wifi if you were going to bring a laptop to check emails.

southern Vermont
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: seeking guesthouse, home stay, shared house

Thanks, will check this out.

southern Vermont
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: seeking guesthouse, home stay, shared house

OOPS! Looks wonderful but it's a bit pricey for me. I should have specified my price range -- around $350 a month. Is this at all realistic?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: seeking guesthouse, home stay, shared house

As I recall the owners are very nice. We only stayed for a week, but I wonder if you were going to be there a whole month if they would be willing to work out some kind of a deal with you. Worth a shot!

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: seeking guesthouse, home stay, shared house

I would say contact Carolyn at

yelapaconnexion.com/www.yelapaconnexion.com/…

she might be able to help you.

Also try WWOOF World Wide Org Organic Farms there is a place listed in Yelapa you do some work organic farming and get room and board www.wwoofmexico.org/group/farminyelapajalisco

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: seeking guesthouse, home stay, shared house

Oh and BTW we were married at El Jardin on 11/11/11 and stayed next door at Casa Luna in 2011, 2012, and will be in 2013. Awesome, awesome place and wonderful people.

Zapopan, Mexico
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: seeking guesthouse, home stay, shared house

Vendemos nuestra casa, la cual está en un fraccionamiento privado, en coto y con mucha seguridad. Mi numero es 044 333 469 76 69

Zapopan, Mexico
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: seeking guesthouse, home stay, shared house

We sell our house, which is in a gated community in reserve and with great confidence. My number is

044 333 469 76 69

Get answers to your questions about Yelapa