We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake St Clair Ferry Cost

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
321 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Lake St Clair Ferry Cost

Can anyone give me an idea of how much the ferry trip is on Lake St Clair? Can't find a price on any website - why the mystery? I've just got a day to explore the national park, so thought a ferry ride then one of the shorter walks would give me a good taste of the region.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Judi

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,258 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake St Clair Ferry Cost

Details are here: http://www.lakestclairresort.com.au/node/8

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
321 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake St Clair Ferry Cost

Thanks Luigi, answer resolved! Pretty expensive at $40 one way I think! Do they serve champagne & canape's for that price lol? I'll maybe do it one way & walk the other.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,258 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake St Clair Ferry Cost

The Wall in the Wilderness is only a kilometre or so down the road. At $10, it would be a better deal, I think.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
321 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake St Clair Ferry Cost

Thanks for another great tip Luigi. Have never heard of Wall in the Wilderness but it does look pretty incredible so will check it out. Not quite the same as a boat trip tho, so still want to do that.

Antarctica
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake St Clair Ferry Cost

$60.00 per person. Way over priced. The skipper doesn't know a thing about the area. Perspex windows, impossible to take good pictures.

Avoid if you can.

Antarctica
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake St Clair Ferry Cost

$60.00 per person. Way over priced. The skipper doesn't know a thing about the area. Perspex windows, impossible to take good pictures.

Avoid if you can.

7. Re: Lake St Clair Ferry Cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cradle Mountain-Lake...