I will be staying 2 nights at Cradle Mountain in December 1 - 3. I gathered from the forum that there's a boom gate at the entrance of the park controlling the number of vehicles accessing the park. I also noted that there's a shuttle bus with the last departure from Dove Lake at 6pm.
I have acquired a $60 Holiday vehicle pass as I'll be visiting a few other parks in Tasmania.
1. The National Park site says that during peak period, cars may be prevented from passing the boom gate at Cradle Mountain despite having an existing park pass. Anyone knows what is considered peak period?
2. Assuming it is peak period and I can't bring my car in, do I have to pay extra for the shuttle despite having the Holiday pass? The park website isn't specific about this.
3. Is there a closing time i.e. must I exit the park at a certain time? There is so much to see and being summer, I would like to take advantage of the longer daylight hours to see as much as i can without being limited to catching the last shuttle at 6pm.
4. Does the shuttle allow wheelchairs to be carried/pushed on?
5. Someone in the forum complained about the high costs i.e. shuttle fee, parking fee, park access fee. Does the Holiday pass include parking or do i have to pay additional for parking at the car park e.g. near Dove Lake?
Appreciate if anyone could clarify the above.