We will be doing a day trip to Cradle Mountain from Launceston Mid Nov. Was hoping to get some insights to help us with the planning and be better prepared for the trip and self-drive up.
1. Park Passes - I read somewhere that it is necessary to purchase park passes for entry into national parks in Australia. Is this applicable to Cradle Mountain and where to purchase from for people who are self-driving?
2. Are there anything attractions that we should also visit along our drive up from Launceston? I see Sheffield being one of the common stop overs in Day Tours to Cradle Mountain. Anything worthy there? (What time should we set off from Launceston?)
3. Any specific things to take note of for people who are self-driving up Cradle Mountain? Also options for lunch? Or we should pack our own from Launceston / along the way up?
4. As I'm pregnant and will not be looking to do long / tedious walks, any recommendations for must see trails / walks that we should NOT miss? Around Lake St. Claire, Dove Lake?
5. Any other features that we can look out for on our drive back to Launceston? Will probably see if we can plan a drop in at Ashgrove Cheese Farm.
THANKS in advance! =D