We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planing to Hire a Trailer in Deveonport

Queanbeyan...
Level Contributor
22 posts
296 reviews
Save Topic
Planing to Hire a Trailer in Deveonport

Hi,

I am from Canberra and planning to hire a Trailer in Devonport on 24/12/2012 for 8 days. I already booked with Trailer rental and they advised they are closed on that day. I googled and found few contacts but failed. I would prefer for a private trailer (owner come). Please let me know where can I find it?

Thanks

Kathir

4 replies to this topic
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,025 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planing to Hire a Trailer in Deveonport

Many service stations do trailer rentals and I think it would be worth your while to do a bit of searching for them on the internet. They're likely to be open on Christmas Eve too.

An option could also be to get a trailer in Launceston (an hour from Devonport) where there are more options. Let me know if that suits you and I can give some recommendations there.

Luigi

Queanbeyan...
Level Contributor
22 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planing to Hire a Trailer in Deveonport

Thanks Luigi. I am looking only in Devonport because we are coming by Ferry with my 4wd. After several search it looks i have to go with moveyourself.com because I don't have much choice. Please let me know if you know anymore. Thanks for your response.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,025 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planing to Hire a Trailer in Deveonport

The main renter of trailers in northern Tasmania is SC Trailer Hire. They operate out of service stations usually and there will be half a dozen or so of them in and around Devonport and the surrounding towns. Being servos, they'll be open all the time.

That's who I use when I want to rent one.

And for clarification, when you google it, you don't want their trailer manufactory in Invermay; you want anyone listed as renting for them in Devonport.

Queanbeyan...
Level Contributor
22 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planing to Hire a Trailer in Deveonport

I googled today afternoon and found SC trailer and few more. When I called SC trailer no response on their end. But I will try to call them tomorrow again. Actually we are 7 persons travelling through Ferry and whole luggage will be loaded in to my 4wd. Once we hire the trailer then we will plan to shift luggage to the trailer. Same thing during return... So that I need the trailer in Devonport only.

Reply to: Planing to Hire a Trailer in Deveonport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Devonport