We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Corinna to Freycinet

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Traveling from Corinna to Freycinet

Hello, how long does it take to drive from Corinna to Freycinet and do you have to drive back to Hobart?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,104 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Corinna to Freycinet

It will take nearly 6 hours of driving.

The quickest way is to head east from Corinna through Savage River and Waratah to the Murchison highway, then north via the B18 to Burnie, east to Launceston, south to Campbell town then east again to the east coast on the B34.

You could go back via Hobart, but it involves far more slow, winding roads to go through Queenstown, and it would take a couple of hours more.

But you should stop and smell the roses anyway. you will miss a great many interesting things by just driving on roads. It would be better to take a couple of days for the trip. go via Cradle Mountain at least.

There's a link to a map here: tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g255096-c161285/Ta…

Luigi

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Corinna to Freycinet

Thank you Luigi

If we have 6 days in Tasmania, flying to and from Hobart, and would like to see Tarkine, what else would you recommended. We are traveling with our 1 1/2 year old baby so to long drives would to much..

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,104 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from Corinna to Freycinet

My lists of Top 10 Must Sees for Tasmania, Hobart and Launceston are here:

tripadvisor.com.au/GoListDetail-i23124-Luigi…

tripadvisor.com.au/GoListDetail-i23142-Luigi…

tripadvisor.com.au/GoListDetail-i23143-Luigi…

However, in six days you probably couldn't see more than half the Tasmania list. You will need to be selective.

4. Re: Traveling from Corinna to Freycinet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2015, 16:15