We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wineglass Bay to Mt Graham walk

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
182 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Wineglass Bay to Mt Graham walk

Hey everyone,

We are planning to walk to Wineglass Bay next week, where we will camp the night, then do some more walking the following day before heading back to the wineglass bay carpark. We were thinking of heading to Wineglass bay quite early in the morning, spending the day wandering the beach and rocks nearby, then camping at the designated campsite at the southern end of the beach. The following morning we'd get up for sunrise at the beach then start walking to the summit of Mt Graham. my question is, does anybody know how long the walk is from the campground to the summit? also, is it feasible to walk from the campground to mt graham, then back to the campground and continue back to the carpark in one day? I've had a bit of a look online and i can't find any info for distances from the campground to mt graham. any ideas anybody? thanks

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
13,642 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wineglass Bay to Mt Graham walk

HI Kate, I haven't been past the lookout, so I really can't help with walk times, have a look at the link below for estimated walk times and camping info.

www.parks.tas.gov.au/indeX.aspX?base=3371

A lovely place to camp is Friendly Beaches which is accessed by dirt road in the way in to Coles Bay, great camp spots and stunning beaches.

Safe travels - Robert

Mentioned in this post
Friendly Beaches
Friendly Beaches
108 Reviews
Coles Bay, Australia
Coles Bay
Coles Bay
Freycinet, Australia
2. Re: Wineglass Bay to Mt Graham walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2015, 08:15
Get answers to your questions about Freycinet