We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking tour

London UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Walking tour

I am hoping to take my mother to Port Arthur as she is really interested in the history of it. However she is in her mid 70's and not a fast walker. Will the guided walking tour be too fast for her? Is it very long or very steep? When we are left to our own devices are there any seats around for her to rest if necessary?

Many thanks in advance.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,730 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking tour

I don't know your mother, but I think an average mid-70s person will have no problems on the guided tour. If necessary she could just skip steepish bits like around the Commandant's cottage. There are plenty of places to sit.

London UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking tour

Great thanks for that. She should be fine then.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking tour

Hi. It's a big site, with some ups and downs. Lots of benches though. and a little golf buggy that transports anyone who needs it! Just ask at the visitor centre, they will be very helpful, I'm sure. Enjoy your trip!

Abs :)

4. Re: Walking tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2016, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about Port Arthur