We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kitty's place or Strahan Village??

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Kitty's place or Strahan Village??

My partner and i are hoping to join a friend on her Tassie trip in July (originally for April).

Which is better - Kitty's place or Strahan Village?

I read Kitty's place is not within walking distance of shops etc, however I'm liking their one bedroom spa unit, which is $90/night!

Strahan Village is 110/night but for a spa room is $165/night. Is Strahan Village worth splurging on or will Kitty's place be ok? We just want somewhere to sleep and shower!

Cheers!

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
29,189 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kitty's place or Strahan Village??

Kitty's place is up the hill behind the docks area and is a bit of a walk to where the boat leaves from, but you could drive anyway, couldn't you? . :)

It will be OK and is actually closer to the Strahan general store (which is also up the hill) than Strahan Village if you want to buy food there.

Luigi

Mentioned in this post
Strahan
Strahan
Tasmania, Australia
Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kitty's place or Strahan Village??

Great to know. :-) I think we will look at reserving Kitty's place once flights have been booked.

We're still fine tuning our itinerary but we might be staying in Hobart for 2 nights. We would like to do either a day trip to MONA or a Tasman Island cruise.

If we end up going to MONA, would we be better off leaving the car in the paid car park (where do I find hourly prices?) or getting a taxi to the pier? We'd be staying at Rydges Hobart

Thanks Luigi!

Mentioned in this post
Hobart
Hobart
Greater Hobart, Australia
Mona
Mona
5,120 Reviews
Berriedale, Australia
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
29,189 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kitty's place or Strahan Village??

If you wanted to park all day, you'd be best advised to park in one of the main multi-level parks in Melville Street or Argyle Street and both are still some distance from the western end of the docks where the MONA ferry runs from.

I think it might be simpler to catch a taxi.

This page leads to just about anything you could want to know about parking in Hobart: hobartcity.com.au/Transport/Parking_in_Hobar…

Prices are on this page: hobartcity.com.au/Council/Fees_and_Charges/C…

Mentioned in this post
Hobart
Hobart
Greater Hobart, Australia
Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kitty's place or Strahan Village??

I shall check out the links, thanks Luigi!

5. Re: Kitty's place or Strahan Village??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 05:45