We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perfect day for kids

Durham, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Perfect day for kids

I'm bringing 3 kids, ages 9/11/13 to Kelly's for a weekend this summer. I want a chance to show them one of my favorite places in the world. We love swimming, biking, and wildlife. We plan to rent bikes. Any suggestions for fun outdoor things they would love to do? Fun places to bike to and swim? Nature sites they'd get excited about. I remember a road whete we caught huge dragon flys.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perfect day for kids

This thread may help.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g50497-i11374-k557…

You'll likely want a day trip by ferry to Put-in-Bay on South Bass Island for the many attractions there.

Good planning!

Brooklyn, Ohio
Level Contributor
655 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perfect day for kids

Your kids will love Kelleys Island! The Island has many nature preserves that will give you the opportunity to enjoy nature. Kelleys Island is rather large and going to all of the preserves will entail a lot of biking. You may want to consider renting a golf cart to make getting around easier. The carts add some fun and adventure that your kids may enjoy.

The Glacial Grooves are something that you should visit. It's a rather small area but according to their website, the grooves are the "largest easily accessible such grooves in the world." The walkway and stairs allow you to walk alongside and above the grooves. It won't take much time to view the grooves but it is still something very interesting to see.

We love the North Pond Nature Preserve and the Horseshoe Lake at the East Quarry. Both areas offer nice easy hiking paths. The North Pond Preserve has a very nice raised recycled plastic boardwalk that leads to a sandy beach at the shore of Lake Erie. Here are some links to check out...

ohiohistory.org/museums-and-historic-sites/m…

…state.oh.us/Home/…Default.aspx

cmnh.org/site/…KelleysIsland.aspx

Here is nice site that lists and describes all the preserves on Keleys Island...

kelleysislandnature.com/natural_areas/north_…

Downtown Kelleys Island is fun also. The Caddyshack Restaurant & Bar is kind of the hub of all that fun. There you can get some decent food, rent your bikes & golf cart, get some ice cream, do some shopping and play miniature golf.

http://caddyshacksquare.com/Fun.htm

Hope you have a great time on the Island!!

Edited: 31 January 2014, 04:02
3. Re: Perfect day for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2017, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Kelleys Island