We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfalls running at Hocking Hills SP?

Which Logan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Topic
Waterfalls running at Hocking Hills SP?

We are planning a trip to HHSP 2nd week of July. Was wondering if any of the waterfalls are running and at what rate, if any? I also know of the 3 main areas of the park-which is the most scenic? Best hike? Any suggestions appreciated.

Logan, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Logan
Level Contributor
711 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Waterfalls running at Hocking Hills SP?

All dry? I'm surprised considering the wet basement I have from rain received about 3 weeks ago!

In the spring, it's nice to see icicles still attached to the rock hidden in the shady areas while it's sunny and warm in the parking lot.

If you ever want an adventure, participate in the Winter Hike at Old Man's Cave. The trail can be icy, but snow in the hills is beautiful. Our civic groups start you off with hot chocolate and donutes, then makes bean soup and cornbread muffins to warm you up when you're done. Warning: crowds.

Heart of it all
Level Contributor
577 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Waterfalls running at Hocking Hills SP?

Jenny, I have to post this. Last Sunday we picked up a brochure at the visitors' center called Wildflowers & Waterfalls Driving Tour. Well.....we followed it to a "T" (sometimes literally) and we didn't find any waterfalls. They must have been turned off! We still had a great day and ended it by eating at the Millhouse Restaurant.

Hocking Hills
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Waterfalls running at Hocking Hills SP?

the diner is named Diner d' Argento. We are glad you enjoyed your experience and hope you come back!!

Logan, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Logan
Level Contributor
711 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Waterfalls running at Hocking Hills SP?

OhLynne, I think you meant the Millstone. And to the owner of D'Argento, I just told my husband the other night that we should give your restaurant a try. We've never been out there since ownership changed.

I have no doubt the falls are dry about now. =)

Heart of it all
Level Contributor
577 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Waterfalls running at Hocking Hills SP?

Jenny, I did mean Millstone. I don't know what the name of it is now, but the day we ate there, it was Mill (something) not d A.........

Anyway, we had a very nice day. We love the Smoky's and this was a nice fix between visits.

Hocking Hills
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Waterfalls running at Hocking Hills SP?

Jenny, my original reply was to tymetraveler2 on the name of the silver diner being Diner d' Argento!

We hope you are able to come in with your husband - please let us know how your experience is!!

17. Re: Waterfalls running at Hocking Hills SP?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2010, 06:18