We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hocking hills

Which Logan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Davenport, Iowa
Level Contributor
116 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Hocking hills

I have an opportunity to head this way October 18 through the weekend. It looks as if lodging is taken. Any suggestions for accommodations? We could even camp, although we have a tent so I wouldn't t care to rough it in rain or temps much below 40.

rod
Marshall, Michigan
Level Contributor
208 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hocking hills

Consider Athens, Chillicothe, Circleville, Jackson, and Lancaster - all are within 30 miles of the Hocking Hills area.

Logan, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Logan
Level Contributor
698 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hocking hills

Did you go to www.1800hocking.com? If all the lodging is taken, I'm leaving town! Lol!

There is also a KOA here right in the midst of the caves.

It is unbelievably gorgeous here today!

Athens, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hocking hills

Definitely consider a stay in Athens - not only is the lodging less expensive, but there are great restaurants and other things to do. Hit Rt. 56 for an awesome drive into the Hocking Hills. There are some great cabins and campgrounds in the area, too.

Logan, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hocking hills

To really enjoy the Hocking Hills you want to stay in the region. If you go to www.1800hocking.com you can search for available lodging based on your arrival and departure dates. As of this morning there are still a few cabins available and plenty of camping. You can also call 1-800-462-5464 for personal assistance. The Hocking Hills Tourism Association has real live people answering the phones everyday from 9am to 5pm.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hocking hills

Well, the 18th has passed, and hope you found lodging. As noted, there are numerous places in stay in HH other than the accommodations run by the park. I've stayed a couple of times in 2 different hotels in Logan, but prefer to stay in cabins closer to the park. Concur about the good restaurants in Athens.

all the best, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2ohio

6. Re: Hocking hills

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2014, 02:15